Noise Induced Tinnitus: Anyone See Improvement After the 6 Month Mark?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Poseidon65, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Vassili
      Dreaming

Vassili Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced
      Comparing with first 3 months it's like day and night.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    2. JohnL99
      Mellow

JohnL99 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      probably noise induced
      Yes. I have mild high frequency loss (I think mostly between 6000 Hz and 8000 Hz) in the left ear. I went through several what I thought were agonizing months starting about 3 years ago. I also believe allergies play a role in mine. Also must note that mine was never constant. It would settle into a pattern of 2-3 days on where it would be the worst the first day and got gradually better. Then it would completely disappear for 2 days or so before the cycle started over. Mine is also primarily of the hissing/air escaping sound variety which I feel is easier than the electrical or higher frequency tones.

I noticed that the good days where it was very low or completely gone almost started to outnumber the bad days. In the winter when allergens are at their lowest I would go through periods of several weeks to months of absolutely nothing or very low. For the last 2+ years it has settled into this pattern. Of course I would have rather it been gone completely, but it was very livable and 99% of the time easily ignorable.

Then about a week and a half ago, after no discernible single big auditory trauma, I woke up in the middle of the night with a loud higher frequency tone that was very annoying and distressing. The next couple of days the tinnitus was louder and more persistent. I made the mistake of using headphones to mask it which I think aggravated things because the new high frequency tone started to appear again and it got VERY loud and insistent and has become more sensitive to outside sound. Thankfully that only lasted a day or two and I have been improving over the last several days. I dont know if this spike was from sound trauma or allergies or a combination, but I sure hope it continues to improve and I will have learned a valuable lesson about being more careful.

3. Tara Lyons

Tara Lyons Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Vassili crying. I hate this. I want it to go away.

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. MRItechssuck
      Disappointed

MRItechssuck Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Severe 10/17/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise, MRI
      8-9 months in from an MRI... no change, actually worse.

Good luck.

5. Jassiel

Jassiel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/02/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      fireworks
      Has anyone taken prednisone after 1 month for noise induced tinnitus? I’m at almost 2 months and finally got 40mg prednisone for 7 days. Not sure if it’s worth a shot given that some people get a spike. My tinnitus is pretty low right now.

Anyone??