Not Sure What to Do...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Hannah Faith, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Hannah Faith

Hannah Faith Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello everyone. I've just found this website, and thought I'd reach out to get some opinions.

First off, I'm 21 years old, and since about November 2016, I've had a rhythmic thumping/whooshing sound in just my right ear. Sometimes it's very loud and wakes me up. Through my own research online, it kind of sounds like I have tinnitus.

I haven't been seen by a doctor yet, I've been debating whether to make an appointment. I don't know how this condition started, I remember I got a lot of water in my ear and for a month or two, it was like I was in a fish bowl. It eventually went away on its own, but then this pulsing started in my right ear. It's almost like I can press on the right side of my neck though, and the pulsing stops. Weird, right? I'm pretty freaked out. Also, I have naturally lower blood pressure. It's hardly ever over 120.

Any advice or support will help. I've never seen any other people in their early twenties with this. Should I go to an ENT doctor?

Thanks in advance :)

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk Hannah.
      Your first step would be to see your doctor and then ENT.
      Your hearing might be down for a number of reasons like wax etc and picking the sound up from your Carotid artery....lots of love glynis

3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Agree with Glynis that you need to see a doctor to check out the ears first. Try to visit the Pulsatile Tinnitus support forum to post your condition there. We do have quite a few members with PT and so they will be able to advise you.