Not Sure What's Going on with My Ears

Discussion in 'Support' started by eightythree, Nov 6, 2014.

1. eightythree

eightythree Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      My problems all started July of this year. I was watching a movie at the theater and all of a sudden the gunfire/explosions loud sounds sounded insanely loud. I didn't think much of it and after it was over I asked my brother if he noticed if the sounds sounded too loud. He didn't notice a difference. After the movie, my ears felt really funny a little pain/pressure feeling. Things sounded a little louder then normal, but I couldn't tell if they were really that much louder or was I being paranoid

Ever since then my ears have felt really off. It's on and off, sometimes 1 ear sometimes both ears. I don't necessarily have an aversion to loud sounds and sounds don't sound unusually loud. It's mostly just ear pain/pressure which seem to be located around my eardrums. The pain makes me want to press on the inside of my ears or equalize my ear pressure. I am able to watch TV and listen to the radio at normal levels as well as play guitar and piano. I typically keep the volume lower since I don't want to make it worse. I downloaded a dB measuring app on my phone and I have been in environments where the dBs are around 90 and been mostly fine.

I've been to two doctors both which basically said to wait it out. One tested my hearing, which was perfect, and the other said don't eat salt so not a lot of help from those guys.

I just don't know what to do. I don't know if this is hyperacusis or some other problem.