Obsessed with My New Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Fernando81, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Fernando81
      Alone

Fernando81 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      anxiety - stress
      Hello everyone, hope you cand deal with your T and everything that bothers you. It is my sincere desire.

A little bit about my story;

I have had T in my left ear for more than 3 years. I got used to it, with good and bad days, but I was abble to went on with my life.

A month ago, while I was at home, noticed a T on my right ear, of a very anoying frequency. I panic, beacuse I knew I had a new life companion. The T is not as harmful as my thinking and obsession with it. Anywhere I am, constantly block my ears to see if i can listen to it, or if it has changed or raised his volume. And if i do not listen to it, for example in a noisy place like my job, i think about it and his noise and is like I could reproduce his tone in my mind. It is so desperating and anoying. I am a very anxious and obsesive person, in fact I have general anxiety disorder. Despite i know i can´t hear it, the idea of thinking about it puts the sound on my head, over and over again...

Does anyone can give me an advice or help me ?
      Has anyone of you experienced something like this ?

I will apreciate a lot your help.
      God bless you all.

2. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      I get what you are saying and I have had that happen to myself. Sadly, the only thing that has taken it away from me was time or medicine. Although, repetitive cardio exercise might help. A miracle from God would be the best though.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Fernando81
      Alone

Fernando81 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      anxiety - stress
      JasonP, thank you very much for your comment. I will never loose hope. Time and the help from a good doctor, will fade this behaviour away. I have an appointment with a psychiatrist. I keep you informed.
      It is sad that you had suffered, but it is good to know that i am not crazy or alone. Human brain can be the best or the worst ally.
      A big hug my friend

4. MrBonk

MrBonk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD/Insane sinus congestion/TMJ/mold allergy/dog bark??????
      I've had a lot of sounds come and go in both ears so far.

The fact you have GAD makes things a LOT worse. I would focus on learning to deal with that.

Overcoming your Anxiety will make things a LOT better. And I dont' mean with drugs either.

I had GAD essentially my whole life. Several years ago I told myself i'd rather learn to conquer and overcome it and grow. Rather than rely on medications and pretending it doesn't exist.

I was very successful until I got T. And i'd say i'm good 70/100 of the time now and am working again to overcome it.

You have to tell yourself things like, your time on Earth is very limited. Time doesn't wait around for you, the world doesn't wait around for you. You could be living instead. Every moment you waste is one you won't get back.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Fernando81
      Alone

Fernando81 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      anxiety - stress
      Thank you very much MrBonk, for sahring your experience with me. I totally agree with you.
      I have to learn how to deal with GAD. Days ago, i started with pain on my jaw in both sides. Right now, i am so concerned about it, that i completely forgot my Tinnitus...
      I am Hypochondriac too.
      Sometimes, it is hell on earth.
      Thank you very muchy my friend, hope you get better soon!

6. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Thanks I appreciate that. Well, the problem is I can obsess over something, especially if it depresses me. I was like that before I had T. I took an SSRI which stopped me from obsessing over the thoughts I was obsessing over BUT I started obsessing over how it made me apathetic! I hear it is called Anti-Depressant Apathy Syndrome. Sometimes it is caused by taking too much of an SSRI. If you do go that route, I would suggest you take the absolute minimum dose you can. Also, you must weigh the consequences of taking them: side effects and the withdrawal process that can be absolutely awful. I was able to withdrawal using flaxseed oil, but that is kind of weird and I don't know if anyone else could do that nor do I know exactly why it helped me. My thought is it had to do with Omega 3 fatty acids. I will say before you try any medications, try eating salmon or some other good fish high in Omega 3 fatty acids quite a bit each week for a few weeks. Reduce the beef and chicken some and see how you feel. I have found when I eat a lot of fish I can feel very good. Remember that is what Jesus is recorded as eating. Back in his place and time it was easier to make fish and eat bread that slaughter a cow or lamb and drain the blood, defeather a bird, and do all kinds of things like that. Our American diet is too high in beef, chicken, etc. (Jesus did not eat pork) Too much Omega 6 fatty acids...look into it and see if you think is a good idea! I hope you feel better soon.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Fernando81
      Alone

Fernando81 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      anxiety - stress
      Hello Jasonp, my appointment with the doctor is this week. I will keep you informed with what happens. I took fish oil pills for months, but i did not experienced any result. I was hoppeful that omega 3 would have had a positive effect, sadly it didn't.
      I know things will change for good. I know it will.
      A sincere and kind hug for you!