Ocular Pain from Loud Sounds/Misophonia

Discussion in 'Support' started by mrbrightside614, Dec 2, 2019.

1. mrbrightside614

mrbrightside614 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Does anyone get referred pain into the back of their eye from loud sounds/misophonia? It feels like the back of my eye is constricted, or almost like a weight was placed on top of the eye at times. Examples of inciting factors: people at the gym slamming the weight stack (because they’re too fuckin weak to be lifting their weight appropriately), my dad’s breathing and lip smacking sounds (quite frequent).

Thanks.

2. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      That happens to me too after noise exposure. It is like something is pulling from my left eye, and also that eye gets tired more quickly when reading etc.

It could be also pain irradiated from cramps on your neck, shoulders or back.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      mrbrightside614

mrbrightside614 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I do have residual tightness from a car accident and I know sternocleidomastoid pain referral can go behind the eye, but it seems strange that it’s reactive to loud noises.

4. Backpacker

Backpacker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL
      @mrbrightside614 Do you have any other symptoms? I don't know if you have seen this list before. If yes, just ignore it. I'm sending you anyway. The list of possible causes of tinnitus caused by physical trauma.

Screenshot_20191204-072018_Photo Editor.jpg

5. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      For me it is the same, it reacts to loud noises, and there is pain or pressure referred to the area behind my left eye. It is really annoying.

6. Zugzug

Zugzug Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Autoimmune hyperacusis from Sjogren's Syndrome
      I get tightness around my eye region - not my eyes per se, but the very upper region of my cheeks.

• Like Like x 1