Oh No It's Now the Right Ear!

Discussion in 'Support' started by refael, Dec 27, 2015.

1. refael

refael Member

Tinnitus Since:
      After many years this terrible whistle suddenly started in my right ear. It's so depressing

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Sorry to hear that. In my case it moved in a matter of days, something like 2 weeks, so I know how it is to lose the remaining ear, which you could put in your pillow and sleep in the side.
      I have bilateral T since and I can't sleep on my stomach or on one side, only on my back which is the single position I didn't use/like. Worse than that, the frequencies in the two ears are different, and the locations are not symmetrical, which gives me a sensation that my head is not symmetrical anymore, like it was mechanically deformed.

I want to ask you something very important for me: what is the etiology of your T, that spread to the other ear after so many years?

So what was the cause of your T in the first ear/circumstances in which it emerged?
      Can you tell me?
      The phenomenon that happened to you (the other ear side getting sick after so many years) I think it's very interesting and may shed some light on the T phenomenon.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      refael

refael Member

Tinnitus Since:
      It started in the army but it was bearable, but last year it unbearable and now this...
      I think there's a connection with problems i have in the cervical spine, but I'm not sure.Could it be?

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      How can neck problems affect tinnitus?

Long-term pain and discomfort from conditions in the neck can also aggravate tinnitus in the same way TMJ problems do. Studies have shown that patients who have suffered an injury to the head and neck region, such as from a car accident, or who have neck pain or stiffness for other reasons, such as arthritis, are more likely to experience tinnitus.

Furthermore, there is some scientific evidence to support how the nerve endings in the neck make connections in the hearing centres of the brain, explaining how neck problems may affect tinnitus. Quite often the tinnitus associated with neck injuries may be more severe, and can be combined with other symptoms such as headache, depression, and problems with memory and concentration.

.....lots of love glynis

5. NineNails

NineNails Member

Last time we checked, the cochlea nerves didn't pass the neck but went straight to the auditory cortexes. Unless the human species evolved further beyond our studies of course.

6. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Was off the BTA