Omicron Infection — Did It Make Your Tinnitus Worse? Post Your Experience

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sevv, Feb 17, 2022.

?

How did Omicron infection impact your tinnitus?

1. It worsened my tinnitus, temporarily

2. It worsened my tinnitus, possibly permanently

3. It improved my tinnitus, temporarily

4. It improved my tinnitus, possibly permanently

5. It had no effect on my tinnitus

6. I haven't had Omicron infection, as far as I know

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. shrimp
      Balanced

shrimp Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SCDS, Possibly Ciprofloxacin also.
      Omicron infection (had two Pfizer shots without any issue) brought me back to these forums and right back down the rabbit hole for the first time again since I first got t years ago.

Two months in I'm still struggling without any relief, having a super hard time re-habituating, panicky, trouble sleeping even Smith masking and reaching for the Klonopin (haven't taken them yet but they are with me at all times now so I get relief just from knowing I have them). I've had smaller spikes over the years, also developed new sounds several times, most of which have stayed, but this spike is something else. Another level misery. Still hoping things will calm down eventually but starting to lose hope after so many weeks without any improvement. My only solace at the moment is reminding myself that I survived this once before when I first got tinnitus and eventually habituated after 1.5 years approx.

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. emmalee
      No Mood

emmalee Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      So sorry to hear this, Mnewt2022.

I like to think that those who have had tinnitus for a shorter time, may be able to overcome it. Hope is vital, in my humble opinion. :huganimation:

3. emmalee
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      I feel the same, @shrimp. You have been down this road, like I have, and I believe that we will indeed survive this once again. ❤️

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. shrimp
      Balanced

shrimp Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SCDS, Possibly Ciprofloxacin also.
      We just have to cling to the fact that we survived the first onset of tinnitus, so we should be able to manage a spike as well. I've been doing a tiny bit better the last couple of days, so I'm hoping better days are coming now. How are you doing @emmalee?

• Hug Hug x 2
    5. emmalee
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      Hello, @shrimp.

How encouraging to hear that you are doing a bit better, progress is progress and this is a good sign. I am doing well, thank-you for asking. Last night was the first night in far too long that I actually had a good nights sleep. So, progress has been made. ~.~

• Hug Hug x 3
    6. zetta0623
      Sleepy

zetta0623 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      Poking back in here about a month and a half post Omnicron to say that my tinnitus is back to baseline! It took a few weeks, but all of the 'new' tones I got during are gone now (or they melded so seamlessly with what I was comfortable with that I don't notice haha), and I'm feeling much better.

Hope you're all having a healthy recovery. ♥

• Like Like x 3
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    7. ZaneBerry

ZaneBerry Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It did nothing. I lost my sense of smell for a handful of days and wasn't thinking about the tinnitus much. It didn't spike, it didn't lower it. Just the level I always have.

• Like Like x 3