On "Good" Tinnitus Days Do You "Feel" Your Tinnitus Even If You Don't Register a Tone?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Rb86, Jul 11, 2019 at 6:29 PM.

1. Rb86

Rb86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/31/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Have had some "quieter" days so far...

Sometimes if the masking noise is just right when out about in the world, I don't quite hear the ringing as much but my ears just feel "on" for lack of a better word. Slightly painful. Can't distinguish a tone per se, just that "on" feeling.

Anybody?

Wish I could describe the "on" feeling better. It's essentially like you can feel it ringing but you don't register a tone per se. Not quite air either.

2. Digital Doc

Digital Doc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      On bad days, I would describe my tinnitus as being heard as louder than other sounds. On the good days, the tinnitus is really quiet, but if I am in a quiet spot, I can still hear the tone, and of course still hear it when I have my earplugs in to protect from noise exposure.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Bernadette-b
      Tired

Bernadette-b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear operations & ear infections
      I completely get you. On my "good" tinnitus days my ears feel in a way lighter and sometimes my ears feel almost normal with the exception of a slight feeling of fullness in my inner ear where I would normally feel my tinnitus pulsating. However, I don't know whether to put that slight feeling of fullness down to my hyperacusis. On my "bad" days I struggle to hear anyone else speaking along with the pain that accompanies it, so when I do get my "good" days it's almost like my ears are "normal", I can't hear ringing or pulsating noises unless I purposefully sit in a quiet room and try to listen to it.

• Like Like x 1
    4. GSC
      Owned

GSC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma.
      It's like my ear never feels empty. Like there's a fog of steam just hovering within it even if I don't hear my tone - it never feels bare.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Mister Muso
      Disappointed

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2007 and spiking since April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concerts & bruxism/ETD/who knows
      On my "good" days I still have the Tinnitus Orchestra in my head wherever I go...

But usually by the end of the day the high tones kind of crystallise into a steady, predictable ringing, rather than the dentist's drill of the bad days.

I still have my wind chimes in the other ear, and the diesel truck parked outside though...

• Like Like x 1
    6. JohnAdams
      Starving

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      it started.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss
      YES! A little bit yes.

• Like Like x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rb86

Rb86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/31/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Man, I had a very good day yesterday, considering...

Slept bad, and sure enough, it sucks today.

Feels good to have others share the experience in some way..... Of course nobody in my real life quite gets it.

8. BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      You are so lucky. My tinnitus is 4 times the volume of anything else all the time. And so high pitched. I'd love to mask it with anything even for an hour a day!

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. Digital Doc

Digital Doc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      I am fortunate for sure. This took a lot of work to reach this point, including vigilant noise protection, daily omega 3, green tea, sleeping with earplugs, and lately aloe vera. Despite all of this, I certainly still get some bad days along the way as well, so I still have a pretty good idea what the others are feeling.

10. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      It's weird, sometimes i can "feel" my t sort of like some kind of "aura" or vibration emanating from the center of my head. I can't hear it, i can only sense it like how one senses a thunderstorm coming. This is only on bad days though, and I would feel my ears being stuffy or something.

• Agree Agree x 1