Once upon a time i was optimistic...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Raul, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Raul
      Inspired

Raul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2008
      well i have been suffering from T for 5 years now and i was ok with it after visiting millions of ENT doctors. but i have been under a high stress lately specially after making some blood tests a few months ago and everything were fine but a stupid doctor freaked me out and made think that i have a serious problem and then i found out that he just wanted to play me to get some money from me! i made more and more tests on my body and everything is just fine!
      but since then i started to feel dizzy usually and the tinnitus is really loud like never before and the pitch keeps changing! last exams were the hardest for me i don't even know how i made it through with that high pitch in my ears! it's my last year at the university. what i hate the most now that i started to ask myself is it even worth living anymore?! i just keep wishing to be back to the old me :(

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Hi Raul, tell me about it how some doctor(s) can say things to harm instead of helping. When I was in my darkest days, with daily panic attacks thinking about how I could cope with my ultra high pitch tinitus and piercingly hurtful hyperacusis, my ENT told me that the only thing he could help me stop my ringing is to shoot me. Wow. What a nice counselling I got back then. So I really feel for your misfortune of having such unethical doctor.

But since you have overcome T and have lived OK for 5 years, there is a good possibility that you can go back to baseline T again. There is no need to be so stressed out by the 'stupid' doctor. The sudden increase in volume may be due to the stress & trauma after being freaked out by the doctor. You may want to do some relaxation exercises. There should be lots of such exercises on youtube. Even doing some jogging or walking can help ease the stress. The dizziness part may need some medical opinion to rule out anything serious. It can be just vertigo. Some people can have this come and go and fade out over time. For the time being see if you can get some masking to help you deal with the high pitch ringing. There should be free apps for sound generation. I used an ipod download with nature sounds from Amazon.com using itune, and when I work on my PC, I use a free software called 'aire freshener' which have many sounds to choose from. Try download it to help you get some masking. All the best to you and God bless.

• Hug Hug x 2
    3. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      Fill your world with sounds. Not loud sounds of course.
      40 years plus here, and still going strong.
      Dizziness is a normal part of tinnitus lots of times.
      Measure your reaction to T, not the T itself.
      Stay far far away from loud music.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      And stay away from that doctor.
      My idiot GP always laughs and says "tinnitus will drive you mad, mad!"
      Just what I want to hear :(

• Hug Hug x 2
    5. Magpie
      Sporty

Magpie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/1999
      After 5 years you should be at the stage where your tinnitus doesn't bother you. Acceptance is something most of us find is realistic. Fighting it and stressing about it is pointless and won't help. You said you have been suffering with it for 5 years but I've had it for 13 years and suffering is in the past. I accepted that I will probably have it the rest of my life and sure it gets annoying sometimes but I can't do anything about it so I don't suffer. There are other things that might happen to you in your life and often they are far more devastating than tinnitus so we have to cop what comes and deal with it the best we can. Do what you can to reduce your stress and your tinnitus will go back to being an occasional annoyance. One day in the future you probably won't care as you will be busy doing other things. This is your last year at uni so get through it and then move on with your life.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raul
      Inspired

Raul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2008
      thanks for your support :) i guess i have learned the lesson now not to trust doctors easily!
      i have already overcame T for 5 years by sport i have always been athletic but you know we are all have down times! and about that dizziness i made many tests on my blood, X-ray on my neck, CT scan on my jaw, MRI on my skull, got my eyes checked and moreeee and everything is just fine:D lol so i guess i have to just try to forget about it and wishing it will eventually go away :)

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raul
      Inspired

Raul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2008
      thanks for your support, filling my world with sounds that's what i used to do i guess i have to get on the track again :)

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raul
      Inspired

Raul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2008
      i guess we better kill that doctors to make them feel our suffer lol

9. michela
      Dramaqueen

michela Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      amelia, i cant believe that :( such doctors should not have the permission to be doctors!have they ever heard that a patient has a heart and a soul?:facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raul
      Inspired

Raul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2008
      thank you:) that's what im trying to do now to reduce stress, T was never a problem for me just those a few months when i first got it but you know the stress made me feel like i just got it yesterday and feels even worse:/ i have never thought that i would need support but i guess im not that strong yet! so now im just trying to cope again :)

• Hug Hug x 1