One for the Ladies!

Discussion in 'Support' started by glynis, Sep 3, 2015.

1. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      When our hormones change through Menstruation and the Menopause our tinnitus can be more noticeable.

One reason is water retention so in theory thats extra fluid in our ears also.
      One reason can be due to allergies that relate to hormones .
      Like for me ,Menstruation time is one of my Asthma triggers and that causes extra mucous in my my airways and ears as all connected and can trigger My menieres .
      Hormones play a big part in tinnitus spikes for ladies so I think having this thread up will help other women come forward if suffer more with their tinnitus at Menstruation time that can start from about a week before the time of periods ...lots of love glynis

2. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      this is a little bit loony, but I am convinced (having noticed this over and over throughout the years) that when my wife has her period, I am more moody -- and my tinnitus is significantly worse. I know that the current scientific thinking is that "sympathy periods" in males are a myth without basis, but, this has been my experience and I will stand by it.

3. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      I dunno @linearb, women's cycles are a pretty powerful thing! If our bodies automatically can sync our periods when women are living in an all-female group setting, anything could happen! You are a wise man to acknowledge it. (y)

This is an issue I no longer have to worry about, thank god.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hahaha can see men getting ear bashings with PMS but its true us women with tinnitus do suffer .....lots of love glynis

5. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I believe you, @linearb!.... I still have "sympathy stretch marks" from when my children's mother was pregnant with them!....:LOL: .....:wacky:

• Funny Funny x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      Pheromones will alter someone's current physiological state. If you're near your wife, you're absorbing those pheromones and it's going to alter your own physiological state.

Your pheromones are also affecting her cycle. http://wb.md/1NPSodQ

7. Wendy A

Wendy A Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure.
      What can you take to help with this,i think im just starting to slow down with my periods and at the same time this starts ,so i was pretty moody anyway but t has totally depressed me x

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      A low salt diet helps water retention or natural tablets like waterfalls might help .
      If your depression lasts most days have a word with your doctor as there is help .....
      I was at a withdrawn dark place but now I'm happy and if I get a yuck day ,I bounce back fast as know what keeps me happy .......lots of love glynis x

9. Dawn Whinetaker

Dawn Whinetaker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2013
      I'm 23 and when I menstruate I don't notice a significant difference in the intensity of my Tinnitus- but I have many other extreme symptoms (very bad abdominal cramps, fatigue, bloating, and bad food cravings), so maybe all of the other symptoms actually take my mind away from the Tinnitus for a while, while I focus on something else?

10. Wendy A

Wendy A Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure.
      do you take any meds glynis x

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I'm on a lot of medication a long list bu not for the tinnitus sound but for my breathing and menieres..... lol glynis