one of many

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by mac, Nov 14, 2013.

1. mac

mac Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2009
      I'm Keith, I'm in the UK and I'm 66.

My single-side tinnitus began in Arizona, early January 2009, after several weeks of inability to run or walk in a straight line, some odd pressure on one side of my head and needing much concentration to be sure I was driving safely. The noise was very loud, even more so when running and when traffic was traveling alongside.

Over the following months and years I've got used to being this way and the worst of the balance issues gradually sorted themselves out during that first year. Hearing in both ears remained OK and I concluded if that's all I had to put up with in life, then I could cope.

June 2013 my T suddenly got much louder and my left ear hearing suddenly got worse, something I'd experienced before but this time my symptoms didn't go back to their former state. One hearing aid and two MRI scans later I have a diagnosis of acoustic neuroma and my T remains as before.

That's my story, guys.

2. So are you getting it taken out? Is the neuroma on just one side?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      mac

mac Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2009
      Yes, just the one and at 14x9 mm the recommendation is Watch & Wait for 12 months, the 'usual' recommendation in the UK as far as I can tell from what I've picked up from research online and on UK websites. If it grows I'm expecting Gamma Knife as the next step and hoping it won't ever need surgery....