One year with tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Cookie, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Petloy
      Happy

Petloy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Cookie...so let me get this straight...3x/day at 6 pellets each time? a total of 18 pellets a day then?...how about you Karen is it 18 a day too? Thanks!

Peter

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cookie

Cookie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/11
      Read the instructions on the bottle. It usually is as needed. I used to take the Graphites 3x a day but now I need only once a day and my T in my right ear is completely gone. But I need to take it daily.

3. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      That's good to know, Cookie. It looks as if the formula builds up in your system, as long as you keep taking it.

Petloy --- I started out at only 6 a day, to see how it affected me. The first day, I couldn't tell much difference. The second day, my pulsatile tinnitus seemed to get worse, but that's nothing new -- and on that day I took 12 pellets.

Today, I took 18 pellets, and I have no turbulence or pressure in my ear; my pulsating and ringing both seem calmer. I'm going to take between 12 and 18 per day for awhile, to see if it calms down even more.

The instructions on the bottle say to take 6 at a time, as needed, so I think between 12 and 18 per day would be about right. Wait till you see how many little pellets there are in the bottle!

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cookie

Cookie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/11
      I am glad it is working for you. Sometimes with Homeopathic formulas you get worse before better. Sometimes there is an immediate positive response. Look up how to take them. I don't think you're supposed to eat or drink before and after taking.

5. Petloy
      Happy

Petloy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      So if you stop it, it comes back?

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cookie

Cookie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/11
      I'm not sure about that. When using the pellets put them directly in your mouth, not in your hands.

7. Petloy
      Happy

Petloy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      May I ask why not in my hands first? Thanks

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cookie

Cookie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/11
      Your hands affects the effectiveness of the product. The warmth breaks it down. Go to a web site on how to use homeopathic products and they will explain. I put it directly from the bottle to my tongue. Or from the bottle to a plate to your tongue.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cookie

Cookie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/11
      Some people like the liquid better and you put the drops on the tongue. I like the pellets since they are easier to carry in my bag in a smaller container.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cookie

Cookie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/11
      Karen how are your feeling? Are the pellets working?

11. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi, Cookie, Yes, the pellets are continuing to help. I have good days and bad days, but the pellets, so far, are seeming to take the edge off both the ringing and the pulsating. I've been using them now for just over 1 week.

Also, I've been reading up on the graphites you mentioned. I'll probably try those, too. It says that they work well for hissing tinnitus; that's what I've got! Graphites are also useful for various skin conditions, such as eczema, etc. It sounds like they may be helpful for a lot of different conditions.

Thanks for asking, and I hope you're doing well, too!

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cookie

Cookie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/11
      I am so glad you are feeling better. My T goes up and down but more down days. The doctor put me on some meds for acid reflux and my T went through the roof. Won't do that again.

13. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes, meds can do crazy things to our tinnitus, that's for sure! On those "down" days, we have to try to cope, and look forward to the "up" days; easier said than done. I think you're on the right course, watching diet, taking supplements, etc.

Thank you for the homeopathic remedy suggestions; will keep you posted on my progress. I'm taking some other supplements, too, that seem to be helping, including moringa oliefera (read Calin's thread on this forum). It might be worth a try!