One year with tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Cookie, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Cookie

Cookie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/11
      I have had T for a year. I have felt like I was going to go crazy at times. But after awhile you get used to it, a little. If I am busy or talking I don't hear it. I carry my ipod where ever I go and listen to classical music and drown it out if I need to. Diet makes a big difference. Diet is everything. Keep a food journal. Stay away from soy sauce. And chinese food. The worst things is MSG and it is in everything you eat or a form of MSG. It is in all canned, frozen or jarred foods, esp take-out. So I cook all my meals which is a full time job but it is getting better. And no salt or tea. Check out web sites that have the diet list. I also take the following vitamins which help me-lipoflavanoids, evening primrose oil, natokinase. I also take homepathic drops by Newton Labs called Tinnitus and Graphites. The Graphites actually take away the T in my right ear if I take it daily. Good luck. I hear it gets better as the years go on. My two sister-in-laws both got T last year also. Crazy. But they both got rid of it in less then a year by doing nothing.

2. Molan
      No Mood

Molan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hello and welcome Cookie!!

I absolutely agree with you regarding the diet. I have read research showing certain vitamins and minerals have been shown to help protect the inner ear cells. Pity most things we eat in the west contain so little goodness but plenty of the bad stuff.

You mention that you cook all your meals. Have you looked into raw food diets at all? They contain much more nutrition since you are not destroying the enzymes through the cooking process and if you prepare accordingly it's much less time consuming I find.

3. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Cookie, and welcome! I'm glad to hear that, as time has gone on, your T has gotten more bearable. It seems like most of us who have had it for awhile have experienced a lessening of the severity of the T. That's good news, for everyone who is new to tinnitus and thinks they cannot bear it any longer. It does get better with time!

I agree, MSG is everywhere, and it's really hard to stay away from it. Sounds like you're doing a lot of the right things, and it's paying off. Your sisters-in-law are very lucky that their T went away, without doing anything. It depends on the cause of their T, though. If pregnancy-related, for example, it often does go away on its own.

I was interested in your homeopathic remedy, so I looked up Newton Homeopathics. There is an "Ear Ringing" formula; is that the one? It costs $14.00/bottle. How much do you take? It suggests taking 6 drops per day. It might be worth a try!

Thanks for the tips, and I hope your T continues to improve!

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cookie

Cookie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/11
      I bought the ear ring formula and took 6 drops a few times a day. Felt an immediate relief. But the "Graphites" also worked, even better for me. But your know T, may work for one person and not another.

5. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Do the drops go in your ear or orally?

opps - I see it... orally

I have posted a government site on it below

6. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Here is more....
      http://holisticonline.com/Remedies/Ear/tin_alt_homeopathy.htm

Alternative Medicine for Tinnitus
      Homeopathy
      As homeopathy is specific to every person, below is a sample of the many prescribed remedies.
      Take one of the following 6C remedies three times daily for up to two weeks (or as prescribed) to control tinnitus.
      nabull1.gif
      If you have a roaring sound in your ears accompanied by giddiness and deafness or some hearing loss, try Salicylic acidum.
      nabull1.gif
      If you have roaring with a tingling sensation and your ears feel clogged up, he recommends Carbonium sulphuratum.
      nabull1.gif
      If the noise is a buzzing or hissing sound, Chininum sulphuricum.
      nabull1.gif
      If the noise is a ringing sound with no other symptoms, Kali iodatum.
      nabull1.gif
      In the case of infection, take 3X of Hydrastis, every four to six hours.
      nabull1.gif
      When hypertension, depression, or piercing pain is involved, take 3X - 30X of Aurum.
      Homeopathic Remedies for Tinnitus
      Calcarea carbonica: When this remedy is indicated, tinnitus may be experienced alone or with vertigo. You may have hearing problems, or cracking and pulsing sensations in the ears. Those who need this remedy are usually chilly, easily fatigued, crave sweets, and feel overwhelmed and anxious when unwell.
      Carbo vegetabilis: Useful if ringing in the ears occurs during flu or other conditions involving vertigo and nausea. The symptoms may be worst in the evening and at night. You may feel cold and faint. You may have a craving for fresh and moving air.
      China (also called Cinchona officinalis): Helpful if you feel touchy, weak, and nervous with sensitivity to noise and tinnitus. This remedy is often given after fluids have been lost through vomiting, diarrhea, heavy sweating, and surgery or other conditions involving blood loss.
      Chininum sulphuricum: Buzzing, ringing, and roaring sounds that are loud enough to impair the person's hearing suggest a need for this remedy. A tendency toward chills and vertigo, during which the tinnitus is often worse is another indication for this remedy.
      Cimicifuga: This remedy is useful for people who are very sensitive to noise, along with tinnitus, and often have pain and muscle tension in the neck and back. They are usually energetic, nervous, and talkative, but become depressed or fearful when not feeling well. Other indications for this remedy are: headaches and problems during menstrual periods.
      Coffea cruda: This remedy is indicated for an excitable, nervous person with tinnitus accompanied by extremely sensitive hearing and a buzzing feeling in the back of the head. They often have insomnia from mental overstimulation.
      Graphites: Beneficial to a person who has tinnitus with associated deafness. Hissing and clicking sounds are often heard in the ears (or even louder sounds like gunshots). The person may also have a tendency toward constipation, poor concentration, and cracking skin eruptions.
      Kali carbonicum: Useful for tinnitus with ringing or roaring, accompanied by cracking noises and itching in the ears. Vertigo is another indication. Persons who benefit most from this remedy are often quite conservative, with a rigid code of ethics. They tend to feel anxiety in the region of the stomach.
      Lycopodium: This remedy is often prescribed when you have a humming and roaring in the ears, along with impairment of hearing. Sounds seem to echo in the ears. You have a tendency toward ear infections with discharge, as well as chronic digestive problems or urinary tract complaints.
      Natrum salicylicum: Beneficial if ringing in the ears is like a low, dull hum. Loss of hearing related to bone conduction, as well as nerve interference and vertigo, may be involved. This is a useful remedy when tinnitus and tiredness occur after influenza or along with Meniere's disease.
      Salicylicum acidum: This remedy is often indicated for tinnitus with very loud roaring or ringing sounds, which may be accompanied by deafness or vertigo. Flu and Meniere's disease are other indications. This may also be helpful if tinnitus has been caused by too much aspirin.

7. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      N077B_F.jpg
      Item Number: N077
      clear.gif
      0note.gif Be the first to review this item

clear.gif
      Choose Form (Liquid or Pellet) & Size

clear.gif
      Quantity
      clear.gif

Share on email Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on print More Sharing Services 0

Detailed Description
      clear.gif
      Formulated for associated symptoms such as ringing, buzzing, echoing, pressure, pain, throbbing and sensitivity to noise.

Directions:
      Ages 12 and up, take 6 drops or pellets orally (ages 6 to 11, give 3 drops or pellets) as needed or as directed by a healthcare professional. Sensitive persons begin with 1 drop or pellet and gradually increase to full dose.
      Active Ingredients: Aconitum napellus 10x, Baryta carbonica 10x, Baryta muriatica 10x, Capsicum annuum 10x, Causticum 10x, Chenopodium anthelminticum 10x, Chininum sulphuricum 10x, Cinchona officinalis 10x, Glonoinum 10x, Graphites 10x, Hydrastis canadensis 10x, Kali bichromicum 10x, Kali muriaticum 10x, Lycopodium clavatum 10x, Phosphorus 10x, Pulsatilla 10x, Salicylicum acidum 10x, Tabacum 10x, Thiosinaminum 10x, Viola odorata 10x, Hydrastis canadensis 3x.
      Liquid Inactive Ingredients: USP Purified water; USP Gluten-free, non-GMO, organic cane dispensing alcohol 20%.
      Pellet Inactive Ingredients: Gluten-free, non-GMO, beet-derived sucrose pellets.

According to the Materia Medica the following remedies in Ear Ringing may be administered for the following conditions:
      Aconitum napellus: Very sensitive to noise, music is unbearable
      Baryta carbonica: Crackling noise in ears; Reverberation in ears upon blowing nose
      Baryta muriatica: Whizzing and buzzing, noises on chewing and swallowing
      Capsicum annuum: Burning and stinging in ears
      Causticum: Ringing, roaring, pulsating with deafness; Words and steps re-echo
      Chenopodium anthelminticum: Buzzing in ears; Violent ringing; Tickling in the ears
      Chininum sulphuricum: Buzzing or roaring in ears; Violent ringing; Tickling in the ears
      Cinchona officinalis: Ringing in ears
      Glonoinum: Heartbeat heard in ears
      Graphites: Cracking in ears when eating; Hissing in ears
      Hydrastis canadensis: Roaring in the ears; Roaring in ears like machinery
      Kali bichromicum: Sharp stitches in left ear; Tympanum perforated
      Kali muriaticum: Snapping and noises in the ear
      Lycopodium clavatum: Humming and roaring with hardness of hearing; Every noise causes a peculiar echo in the ear
      Phosphorus: Re-echoing of sounds
      Pulsatilla: Sensation in ear as if something were being forced outward
      Salicylicum acidum: Roaring in ears; Roaring and ringing in ears
      Tabacum: Hearing music causes pain in ears
      Thiosinaminum: Tinnitus caused by thickening bands
      Viola odorata: Roaring and tickling in ears; Aversion to music

8. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cookie --- Is your T a kind of hissing sound? That may be why the graphites work so well. Mine is a hissing sound, too, kind of like escaping steam. Plus, I have the "heartbeat in the ear" sound, as well.

What does yours sound like? Did you experience any roaring sounds right at first (at the beginning of your tinnitus)?

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cookie

Cookie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/11
      I have a pulsating hissing sound in the left ear which also once included roaring sounds which went away. On the right side I have crackling which the Graphites remove each day. I believe in homeopathy. After reading the appove info I will call Newton on Monday and order a few more. I like the pellets better since you can carry it in your bag and take it when needed. It tastes like candy. So enjoy.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cookie

Cookie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/11
      Great info. I have been using Newton for years. I found a few new ones I will try to order on Monday. Thanks for posting.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cookie

Cookie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/11
      Not into raw food but do eat healthy. And I suffer when I eat something that I shouldn't and it has MSG in it. Or a lot of salt and preservatives. Makes my ear go crazy. Takes 48 hours for it to calm down. But at least it does calm down.

12. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Can you give a link to where these are? Newton Labs called Tinnitus and Graphites

13. Molan
      No Mood

Molan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      It depends on what you mean by salt. Refined table salt is what is bad for us but natural salt such as unrefined sea salt and Himalayan salt has many benefits.

If you can I would look into perhaps adding more raw food to your diet especially sprouted seeds. They are some of the most nutritious things we can eat. I add them to salads that I make. I have felt much better for it and even grow my own at home and save a bit of cash :D

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cookie

Cookie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/11
      I like sprouts. I'll try it. Thanks.

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cookie

Cookie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/11
      You'll be best to call them on the phone. They also have a larger size bottle. I think it's 20 oz.

16. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cookie -- I've ordered a bottle of the "Ear Ringing" formula (the pellets). I'll let you know how it works for me. Thanks again for the tip!

17. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Oh goodie! Karen is the guinea pig for us on this one! ;)

18. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes, I'm willing to take one for the team this time!!:)

19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cookie

Cookie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/11
      Yes, Karen, let me know. They have an even stronger complex called "Tinnitus" but you can only get it through a health care provider which I have in NY. Also try some time the "Graphites" formula. That works for me daily. I don't know what I would do without it. I got some acupuncture yesterday with some chinese massage on my neck and my T was the lowest it has ever been. I hardly heard it. You have to keep trying different things. I feel like it is a full time job, trying to get rid of it.

20. click
      Blah

click Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Cookie, Thank you so much for mentioning a product which provides you with some relief. I am in the UK but I have just ordered the ear ringing formula from Newtons online as they will ship internationally. Hopefully it will help! Thank you again. Click. ps. I couldn't find one called 'graphites' on their site - where did you get it from?

• Funny Funny x 1
    21. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cookie --- I just received my shipment from Newton of "Ear Ringing" formula. I've just taken my first 6 pellets, and will let you know if, after a couple days, it seems to be working. Thanks!

22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cookie

Cookie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/11
      That was quick. The Graphites should be on the site. Send them an email. Where in England are you from?

23. click
      Blah

click Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      hi Cookie - I'm from Winchester in Hampshire but currently living a bit further south in Hampshire. Can't find the graphites but I will email them. Thank you again. Jane

24. Petloy
      Happy

Petloy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Where can we get one here in California?

25. Petloy
      Happy

Petloy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Oh I found the website it's actually just here in the US at Conyers GA...

26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cookie

Cookie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/11
      I went on the web-site and Graphites wasn't there but I have ordered it from them several times. I live in New York and there are some stores that sell it. Their web site says where they are sold in the US.

27. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cookie

Cookie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/11
      There are other homeopathic companies that sell Graphites. It is a common product that you could find in England.

28. Petloy
      Happy

Petloy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Hi Cookie,
      So I called and ordered the Ear ringing pellet form...so how do you take it? Do I take 6 in one time or spread it throughout the day and when do you take it? In the morning or bedtime? Shipping in 5 days so I'll keep you posted...

29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cookie

Cookie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/11
      I ordered a bottle for me today also. You take it usually 3x a day. Put the pellets,6, under the tongue and wait for them to dissolve. I hope it helps you.

30. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cookie --- I've been taking the "Ear Ringing" formula for 3 days now, and it seems to be working for me, so far!! Yesterday, I had turbulent T (heavy pressure and pulsating) in the late afternoon. Today, however, my T is much calmer and quieter, and the only thing I am doing differently is taking the pellets. And the pressure is just about gone!

I didn't realize you were supposed to dissolve the pellets under the tongue. I've been chewing them --- but they work well anyway!

Petloy -- I hope they work well for you, too. Let us know when you begin taking them.