Only in Left Ear Throughout the Day, But...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mike K, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Mike K
      Tolerant

Mike K Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection?
      At night with my head against the pillow it's in my right just as loud and not in my left? I know the noise is the brain creating the tone but this still confuses me, and worries me. I'm probably annoying as I repeat this, but my tinnitus is most likely from a sinus infection that has lasted 2.5 months.

During the day, if I hear it at all, it's in my left ear as it has been essentially the whole time I've had it (sometimes it's both). That ear is probably more infected. But at night it switches ears as I switch sides in bed snap quick.

I could just use some reassurance, I hate that it keeps going away and coming back. It's making it difficult to sleep tonight. It doesn't help that I went to a concert/club (with earplugs) and endured 7 hours of live music. I had a ringing from that but it seems as if that ringing went away, and the normal ringing is back.

2. daniel1111
      Shitfaced

daniel1111 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced, repeated exposure with loud headphones.
      Hi Mike,

Mine can move from ear to ear aswell. Exercising always gives me some in the left ear, as does having the TV on to my right! And most of the time, whichever ear is on the pillow has a chance to get more noticeable T.

The only problem with that is that it makes you think about it more, this is what you want to try not to do. Try to take it as it comes, left ear no different to right and carry on.

Get some SleepPhones or a speaker pillow to mask it at night, that should calm down your thoughts about it. And take care of your ears for a while no concerts or clubs even with earplugs!

Regards,
      Daniel

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mike K
      Tolerant

Mike K Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection?
      Most definitely no shows haha! I planned on this one for a while and imagined my T going away in time. Last night it was very loud but it's already gone back down to a normal level, and I would guess that as I continue to get over the sinus infection, it'll go away like it has this past week. Eventually I fell asleep from being so damn tired. Thanks for the response! If it continues I'll look into that pillow it sounds pleasant :p