Out for Dinner...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jazzer, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Last evening Sylvie and I went out for dinner with my daughter and her fiancé.
      Corinna is a beautiful person, the epitome of calm and kindness.
      I simply could not describe her and do her justice.

When she became pregnant she attended anti-natal classes and was delighted to find that her midwife was to be a close friend from college, some years before.
      She looked forward with anticipation.

Her husband left her to marry the midwife that delivered their baby. ***
      Her second husband left her to commit suicide under the torment of bi-polar depression.***

Her beautiful calm nature, her meditation and her deep interest in philosophy helped her to come through these crushing trauma.
      You would never know.

She now has a wonderful partner, and will marry sometime next year.
      I am so happy for her.

As we sat around the table, chatting after dinner, I was aware that there were two unseen, uninvited guests present.
      Corinna is a primary school teacher, who developed Tinnitus due to supervising dinner hall and playground duties.
      Hers is a high pitches “eeeeeeee!”
      Mine is a thunderous “hissssssss!”

It occurred to me that these ‘gatecrashers’ might try to spoil our ‘Joie de vivre’
      - but not so.
      We chatted, remembered past times, laughed, fell about, came close to tears at poignant moments, had fun, and bathed in our mutual love.

I just needed to share this little episode.
      I’m not quite sure why......xx

Dave x

• Like Like x 5
      • Hug Hug x 4
      • Winner Winner x 2
    2. Nanny chocolate

Nanny chocolate Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unbelievable caused by audiologist!
      You wanted to impart that it’s possible to survive even severe traumas I would guess. Some are given more than others to carry in life!
      Some story and a magical ending for Corinna in spite of T.
      Eve
      @Jazzer

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      I hope you know how much I enjoy reading your stories. You have a way of writing the is very unique and creative compared to the rest of us. I always look forward to and love reading your posts!

I'm glad you had a good dinner regardless of the uninvited guests. I bet those uninvited guests didn't even offer to put in for some of the bill! How rude! :mad:

Hopefully we can get rid of them sooner than later!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Thank you Jack - that is very nice for me to read my friend.
      I always write what I deeply feel, after which, I read it back, and then realise that my heart is once again on my sleeve.
      We only truly get to know each other when we are open to expressing our emotions.
      It’s probably a bit self indulgent, but it’s the only way I know how to do it.