Overwhelmed

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Lulubug69, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Lulubug69
      Artistic

Lulubug69 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2013
      I'm Lisa, I'm 50 and I have had very mild T starting a few years ago. Easily ignored. However, recently after having had some sinus drainage and fluid in my ears doc put me on a few days of ibuprofen and Sudafed. A few days later I started hearing a high pitched wine in my right ear. It freaked me out, so back to the doctor, got a round of steroids and antibiotics. No real explanation, maybe a eustacian tube being infected. It should fix itself. It didn't, so I went to an ear doctor, not an ENT like I thought he was. This a large group of doctors, all specialize in something ear related. Hearing test revealed slight hearing loss of high pitch sound...confusing cause I certainly can hear this high pitched sound in my ear. Anyway I'm confused and scared and have questions that have mixed answers. What's right, what's b.s? The internet is full of nut jobs who claim to be able to cure you. Thankfully I'm not that gullible. I do have an appointment with a real ENT at the end of the month. I have a lot of questions. I'm thankful to have found this forum cause having even one person tell you I know what your going through makes you feel a little less alone.

2. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Sherri786 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Sorry to hear that lulubug, lots of information on this forum, read up when you can.
      Hope you feel better soon. Xox

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lulubug69
      Artistic

Lulubug69 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2013
      Thank you! I'm optimistic that I will find the support I need. Like everyone here I'm looking for a miracle. But reality is I'm likely to find some coping skills first.

4. christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      you came to the right place, when i first got my T i came here and i found lots of help and comments that made me feel like everything was going to be ok..... and of course i know God is going to heal,..... hope you find what you need here... aloha.........:cool:

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lulubug69
      Artistic

Lulubug69 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2013
      Thank you!

6. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Lulubug,

We certainly know what you're going through right now. There's a lot of anxiety involved with tinnitus, and that's something the doctors don't seem to understand. I'm glad you'll be going to an ENT; perhaps he can help you, or make some suggestions as to what to do next. If not, please come back here. There is a lot of great information here, and lots of people willing to assist.

I know what you mean about the high-pitched hearing loss. It seems like there should not be any sound if you have hearing loss, but in fact, the noise comes from the brain trying to compensate for the missing sound. Many of us with tinnitus, myself included, have some degree of hearing loss in the affected ear (or ears).

There is a lot of research being done out there, and one of these days there will be a cure. In the meantime, there is a great deal you can do for yourself, to cope with the tinnitus. You'll find lots of suggestions here on Tinnitus Talk.

We're glad you joined us!

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Lulu, you sound like you know what to look out for on the web regarding T cures. Most are snake oil. Stick around here and you will find many, many people, have been or are in the same situation now....

We are all in this together....