Percocet and Surgery Gave Me Bad Tinnitus...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by chad berry 36, Feb 1, 2016.

1. chad berry 36

chad berry 36 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jam 25th 2015
      Hi everyone. My name is chad. I have had t for over a week now and have been thru the most horrible experience in my life. I had surgery on the 25th of January for a hernia repair and I was given tamerol and percocet at night. I was not too bad when I came home from surgery but was in pain and still feeling the effects of the anesthetic. I took two pills of percocet at night and suddenly the ringing started . In both ears and one ear pulses up and down. I have been to the doctors and was told take sleeping pills and sorry no cure. I also saw a audiologist and apparently have pretty good hearing. I am so confused. I have cried so bad everyday to my wife and kids and parents and I'm 36. Really scared. The kicker in all of this is my head always feels like it's gonna explode. Any suggestions or experience with this would be greatly appreciated. Also very hard to sleep even on the pills. I woke up last nighy and it blasted out my right ear.:(

2. AnxiousJon
      Magical

AnxiousJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety, Insomnia, and a Fan at Night
      Your brain is on high alert. You are instinctively seeking to solve whatever the cause of this experience , which up to this point has been alien to you, is. This is the initial phase we all go through. It won't make you insane. Once you and your subconscious realize it isn't a threat, it will fade to the background. Once that happens your anxiety will go back down and your brain can start recalibrating and perhaps stop the tinnitus.
      Medications, anxiety, insomnia, and other factors can all put you at risk for your hearing to be miscalibrated.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    3. Nucleo

Nucleo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2011
      May I ask where exactly the hernia was located?

4. AnxiousJon
      Magical

AnxiousJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety, Insomnia, and a Fan at Night
      Have you had your blood pressure checked lately? What's your levels?

5. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I think doctors and ENTs really do patients a disservice when they say there is no cure and it's permanent for people that have had a recent onset of tinnitus. I saw one ENT and she told me it might go away and put me on prednisone, then I saw another ENT (I already had the appointment and decided to just keep it) and he told me there is no cure so don't bother looking into a cure and it's likely permanent. He crushed all my hopes of it going away and put me into despair.

I hope it gets better for you. Being that it's recent and drug induced and not caused by acoustic trauma gives you a little bit better odds of it going away or diminishing in time.

6. Lmsdocjeff

Lmsdocjeff Member

Hey Chad,
      It looks like you've been given a lot of good advice. You are still fairly new to the T world. Any type of surgery is very traumatizing to the body. Your body is in a healing mode and restoring itself to balance. Give yourself more time. You may find the T fades away in time. It's kind of a wait and see. I've noticed that Percocet aggravates my T and makes it worse. Give your body and especially your nervous system time. Stay connected with us. We will walk through this with you.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      chad berry 36

chad berry 36 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jam 25th 2015
      Very sorry for the late replies I have been dealing with anxiety and depression so I was staying away for a short period. My hernia was near my groin . Inaugeral hernia repair. Blood pressure is 120/70. My left ear buzzes in a high low pattern and right ear is a lower tone but quieter. I notice some sounds are bothersome and especially in the morning when I wake up if any sleep that's when the noises are loud. Even at bedtime. I am just so scared and don't understand what happened because it's not loud noise exposure.