Periods of Face Rash Coincide with Periods of More Fleeting Tinnitus — Any Relation?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ben Winders, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Ben Winders
      Pensive

Ben Winders Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      So I have periods where I have a pretty intense face rash.

159656317_274332004357447_5446507121991865551_n.jpg

When I have it IT SEEMS I have louder tinnitus.

Does anyone here have experience with this nice little combo, elevated tinnitus with more fleeting tinnitus combined with the face rash?

This rash comes and goes. Many years ago since I first got it, I still don't know what causes it. Cow milk, maybe? I'm trying to stay away from it by drinking lactose free substitutes like Oatly but still cow milk is in so many daily things.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Is the rash only on one side? Or your whole face?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ben Winders
      Pensive

Ben Winders Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      Today only on one side (the side I EXCLUSIVELY sleep on because I don't want to cover my bad tinnitus ear (right), but most of the time it is on both sides.

I was even thinking - maybe I'm allergic to my pillow since it's so clearly only on the side I sleep on, but again, usually it's both sides.

Also - I went to Brai3n Institute and they checked my blood for infections (as a cause of tinnitus) but found nothing.

4. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Could be a topical/contact allergy if it's one side (some people even get rashes from pressure) but also viral rashes can be unilateral like that too apparently (follows nerve routes), especially if it's painful.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ben Winders
      Pensive

Ben Winders Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      Not painful unless I open my mouth (to eat)... I just wished this was influencing my tinnitus negatively > why ? > so I could actually do something about it and figure out what causes it.

6. mohn

mohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Maybe a blood circulation related issue? Does fleeting tinnitus happen on the same side as the rash?

7. Maria Francesca

Maria Francesca Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/20
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      drug-induced peripheral neuropathy
      Hello, I found this old post. They tested also for Epstein-Barr virus?

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ben Winders
      Pensive

Ben Winders Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      I don't think they did. Never heard anyone mention Epstein-Barr.

Keep in mind I'm 99% certain I have my drone thanks to acoustic trauma.

The only thing I'm still debating about is the origin of the buzzing noise. The fact that I can bring down the drone from 8 to 2 by bringing my chin to my chest and that I can hear it change pitch to an even lower octave sometimes (and when it does, the vibrating pattern becomes even more clear) inclines me to believe that some muscle / nerve / whatever, is spasming.

9. Maria Francesca

Maria Francesca Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/20
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      drug-induced peripheral neuropathy
      I am 99% certain mine is not due to acoustic trauma :) I can modulate humming by chin movements too.

Do you have visual snow syndrome? I have it in mild form, means when I look at a landscape or dark surface I see like is raining, while in the night I see halos and spikes around the lights.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ben Winders
      Pensive

Ben Winders Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      I don't think I have visual snow and I'm not going to check for it either :D My brain is the kind of brain that will make up stuff, even if it's not there, so let's not feed the monster if I don't have to.