Persistent Fluid in Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by Vaba, May 25, 2016.

1. Vaba
      Shitfaced

Vaba Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Unknown
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown. Gradual, Progressive
      So I've been seeing an allergist lately in an attempt to get some relief from my long-standing deathly environmental allergies. The first week I saw him, he looked in my ears when I mentioned I had T, and he said there was a little bit of pressure in there and that my bad "T" ear had a tiny bit of fluid behind the eardrum. Also, when I chew, about 75% of the time a clear fluid leaks into my ears and they feel "wet." It's not wax, it's just a clear, runny liquid.

I went back for rounds of therapy every monday for the next four weeks, and just this monday I had a doctor look in my left ear again. Sure enough, the tiny bit of fluid is still there up against my eardrum. Does anyone have any idea what this might be? Anyone with similar experiences?

2. Robert44

Robert44 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud concert
      Hi, I have T in my right ear from a loud concert. I did have T in my left ear one time when I had fluid in my middle ear (behind the ear drum). My dr. put me on a dose of Prednisone. It took about a month to clear up and then the T in that ear went away.

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Steroids can help or a nose spray.
      In some cases grommets can be fitted to help ease pressure and drain fluid.....lots of love glynis