Pitch Keeps Changing?

Discussion in 'Support' started by mick1987, Dec 2, 2013.

1. mick1987
      No Mood

mick1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Hi guys, I have had a different pitch in tinnitus since getting this spike 7 weeks ago, it went from a soft hissing noise to a gas leak noise with a high frequency type noise on top.

These past few days the high frequency noise keeps fluctuating, like up and down. I would make out the regular tinnitus when watching tv, but every minute or so the high pitched mosquito type noise raises above everything briefly then after 3 seconds goes back down, but it keep happening every minute, like it is struggling to stay stable, is this normal for tinnitus?

2. Per

Per Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      I've also experienced changes in my T sound character. In the beginning it fluctuated and then settled down to one static T on both ears. From time to time I also experience new noises, but it goes back to the "good old" high pitched dentist drill'ish sound again. Based on what I've read from others here on the forum changes in both pitch, character and type is rather common.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      mick1987
      No Mood

mick1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Thanks per, I guess it is normal, it is very distracting when It goes super high like a dog whistle on and off, hopefully it goes, my tinnitus pitch is now ever changing all from one single brief loud noise.

• Useful Useful x 1
    4. Tenna
      Anime

Tenna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Been having constant new pitched spikes on right ear every minute for two days too, random and consistant. But hey, saw a comment from one participating in those guinea pig trials and his t increased vol and spiked as hell for a month for then to heal (ofc the acute trials gotta be out of my vicinity) at this point the activity is super troublesome yet a sign of activity hm = )

• Useful Useful x 1
    5. NeoM
      Moonlighting

NeoM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/31/2013
      From Auris Medical...

In parallel, Auris Medical will initiate a second, similarly designed phase III trial (TACTT3) and open label follow-on study (AMPACT2) in several European countries. The TACTT3 study will enroll 600 patients, of which 300 during the acute stage (up to 3 months from tinnitus onset) and 300 during the post-acute stage (4 to 12 months from tinnitus onset). Both TACTT studies are scheduled to start enrollment shortly.

If you want to be a guinea pig, there's still a chance it seems. ;)

6. Boy Helios

Boy Helios Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      increasing pitch or changing pitch may be indicative of some type of healing.

if it's constant it's prob never going to go away. if it changes, it's probably your brain making new connections or remembering old ones

i only got my tinnitus after my hearing started to recover. which is interesting. when I first got sudden hearing loss there was no tinnitus.. only blockage. after first couple steroid treatments my hearing came back substantilly but tinnitus crept in.

• Agree Agree x 1