Please Help Me Cure My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by daniel zammit, Feb 22, 2016.

1. daniel zammit

daniel zammit Member

Tinnitus Since:
      last year
      Hi my name is Daniel and I am 20 years old,
      I have been diagnosed with tinnitus a year ago while going trough a health test for a new job. Before this test I had suspected that I has something as I had heard a background noise for a while but ignored it as I hoped it was nothing. I then went to a crap ENT who cleaned my ears as I had excessive ear wax and after conducted a hearing test and said that Im fine and that my tinnitus was gone. He insisted that there was absolutely nothing wrong with me and told me to just try not to listen out for the ringing. Needless to say he was wrong.
      I find it very difficult to sleep at night, have become very sensitive to loud noise (even just a class room of people talking) and simply don't know what to do. I have noticed that I get quite excessive of earwax build up but don't know how to clean it out safely. I have also noticed that my tinnitus goes up in volume/pitch when I yawn and clench my jaw. Is there anything I could do as I feel very depressed and helpless.
      ANY advise would be helpful,
      Regards,
      Daniel

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      A warm welcome to the forum. Have you checked out if you have TMJ problem which can cause T? Your sensitivity to loud noise to to social conversation suggests that you may have some element of hyperacusis. H is something that followed my T as if my suffering from T wasn't enough. I was in a mess a few years back afflicted with ultra high pitched dog whistle T and severe hyperacusis which turned all normal sounds unbearably loud and piercingly hurtful. I also had relentless anxiety and panic attacks. I never thought I could recover and have a good life again. But here I am living a normal and absolutely enjoyable life. I list some pointers which have helped me greatly. If you wish to read it, here is the link:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...w-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

Ya, H made life miserable as I was stuck at home a lot of time and had to wear ear plugs. But H was the first one to fade which seems to be the case for many members. So don't panic nor despair. Things will get better. Takc good care & God bless.

By the way have you tried masking your T?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    3. Austin1789
      Supportive

Austin1789 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/24/2014
      I've been dealing with it for a few years the best thing I could recommend it what works for me at night is I wear cheap earbuds not noise canceling and usually listen to some music or watch tv on my iPad and fall asleep to that. I also use a humidifier and have a aquarium that has a noisy pump that really drowns it out

4. stacey
      Bookworm

stacey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/15/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey Daniel welcome to the forum. Exactly like billy said your T is most likely combined with hyperacusis sound sensitivity which makes things only worse, but in time maybe it'll get better. I've been battling T and H combined for a while it isn't easy at all.... As for cleaning your ears safely don't, use your pinky to clean the outside but never go deep in your ear. I have the same cleaning issue too its nerve racking. Wish you well.