Please Help Me

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Evelyne, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Evelyne

Evelyne Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise
      hi all, I’m new to the community but not to Tinnitus. I’ve had since I was 12 years old due to a concert I was taken to not knowing my life would change forever. Over the years I would consider my self habituated. I was doing fine, living life like I could, even going to sleep when it was completely silent. But the past week or so my life has turned upside down. I feel like I’m back where I started 8 years ago. The noise is nonstop, it feels a lot stronger. I’ve had no sleep, anxiety, depression and thoughts of not living anymore. I can’t cope, i’m desperate for relief. I just want sleep. I want silence. I don’t know what triggered me to be like this again. It’s horrible. It’s unbearable.

2. illegalmonkey77
      Fine

illegalmonkey77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/20/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely due to fluid in ears, and then it just stuck around.
      You need to focus on finding things that calm you down. Stress can definitely make T worse for most people. Don't focus a lot on how loud you think it is. I find it helps me to keep telling myself that "this is just an annoying noise. it doesn't hurt me." It's not like having a lot of pain in your arm because you sprained it. It's just some activity going on in your head that's making an annoying sound.

I've seen others say that it could start with whatever happened to you, in your case loud noise, but even if you heal from that the T can just linger. So then it becomes an annoyance, as if it's an alarm bell ringing for no reason. You may not feel this way but tell yourself "this is fine. It's not hurting me. I can still eat, play games, watch movies." We all know how crazy it can make you but the more stressed about it you get, the more power you give to it, the more intrusive it'll feel.

Unfortunately there is no quick fix. It's a long, slow process that we all have to deal with in our own way. Also hurting yourself for what in reality is such a trivial thing is really not the right answer either. Just think of how many others in the world have it so much worse than you and still go on with life. I do that a lot and it helps immensely.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk @Evelyne.
      Well done with coping with tinnitus for so long at a young age.
      First I would have your ears checked out in case you have wax build up and followed by a hearing test.
      It could be sinus related maybe like an allergy causing extra mucous .
      Keep relaxing music on around you and get in see your doctor as soon as you can and let us know how you
      are getting on.
      love Glynis

• Like Like x 2
    4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Evelyne

Evelyne Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise
      @glynis thank you for the warm welcome. It’s been really tough this past week, I unfortunately do not have insurance at the moment so I will be going to the hospital and hope they can extract any wax and possibly do a test. Trying to keep positive during this dark time :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Evelyne

Evelyne Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise
      @illegalmonkey77 you’re very right. I guess I just have to learn to get used to it again. It’s just crazy how you can be successful and happy being alive to feeling like this sound is all you have. I will try to cope and exert my energy in a different manner that won’t harm me and my well being. I’ll be updating.

• Hug Hug x 1