Pneumonia — I Think I Caught It

Discussion in 'Support' started by lolkas, Mar 5, 2017.

1. lolkas

lolkas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don`t know
      Hey Folks,

After nearly 7 month sine onset of being "ok" and T what not being under "control" I somehow managed to catch Pneumonia.

I haven't visited Dr. however I have feel pain on the right side of my chest when I breathe since this morning, as well as not feeling too well. Of course my T is up through the roof now as well, and that makes me feel pretty bad at the moment.

Also I wanted to say I had fast heart rate this morning and throughout most of the day + chills and other stuff you get along with pneumonia. I never head it before in my life, so I freaked out quite a bit when pain did not go away within few hours.

Since Thursday I have been woken up by T spikes every night with racing heart.

Does anyone of you has an experience with such illness and what are the steps to cure it? I am afraid of pills and meds since they can worsen my T permanently.

Thanks a lot!

2. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      See a doctor ASAP!

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. racerfish
      No Mood

racerfish Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / T worsened with antiobiotics
      You need to see a doctor ASAP. Pneumonia can be very serious if not treated. They'll be able to confirm if in fact you have it or if it's something less serious such as bronchitis. Either way, don't wait to get it checked out.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Asia88

Asia88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Most likely you have problems with your back, since it can have similar patterns with lungs/heart issue. Source: own experience, had pneumonia 2 times in my life

5. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Get Checked out and let us know how you went on

.lots of love glynis

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lolkas

lolkas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don`t know
      Hey Folks!

Thanks for your responses! Seems like my chest is not hurting today no matter how fast/hard i breathe, so it might be bronchitis. I will try to get to see doc in few days.

@Asia88 might be it, i am actually working on fixing my spine with chiro. Fummy coincidence, i am originally from Russia too :) Moscow. Good to see people from home country!

@glynis i sure will!

Thanks!

7. Asia88

Asia88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      @lolkas , oh hi there!! me too, but I temporarily reside in Poland... I would say Moscow is way better for a tinnitus-sufferer, Poland to too damn QUIET for my taste :D PM me if anything!

8. Sorien
      Sad

Sorien Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold?
      "Hey guys, my chest hurts when I breathe and I've been feeling really ill, oh and also my heart has been racing every now and then, but I don't want to quite go to a doctor yet because they might give me medicine that might spike my t."

o_O

Good, you're going to go to a doctor after all.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lolkas

lolkas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don`t know
      I forgot to mention - my T is still higher comparing to what it used to be up untill last Thursday ;(

What a nasty thing T is.

P.S.

My mum is staying at my place right now (not because of my condition) however, she does fall asleep with headphones on from her iPhone. I have alerted her that this is not good and she may end up with T (she knows that i suffer from T and have rough time since it has started) but, no results.

Have you folks met people who as you see making about same mistakes of using geadphones with loud music/video or going to loud places without hearing protection ? It is quite surprising that people who see you suffer on daily basis dont take steps towards hearing health ?

10. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Did you take antibiotics for the pneumonia? Some of them have been known to cause T

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lolkas

lolkas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don`t know
      @Marie79 yet to visit doctor, so no antibiotics. Chest pain went away next day after i have started experiencing it (inhale/exhale only) on right side only. I freakes out because i know that people who get sick, some times get an increase in their T.

I did experience an increase in my T on Thursday (but thats i think because of short 2-3 sec loud screech from computer speakers at work) and kinda still in Spike now.

Because of that i have had few panic attacks at night when i was woken by T...

I am still a bit anoxiousvright now and because of that i started feeling random burning sensations on my legs/skin in "spots" and they would go away if i scratch them. On top of that i have shaking sensation on my right leg and hands ? Pfff....

Anyways, i hope to get an appt with endocrynologyst who could check my thyroid. I have a lot of symptoms of malfunctioning thyroid (hair loss, Visual Snow, shaky feeling in extremedies).

Also, if i get loud sound going off on left side of my face - i get sensetion of numbness around my left ear and jaw...does anyone else get this ?