Poll: Are You Happy?

Discussion in 'Support' started by mick1987, Nov 25, 2013.

?

Are you happy?

1. Yes (most of the time)

2. Sometimes

3. No (most of the time)

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Of course its most likely not going to go away. I also have noise-induced tinnitus and it shall probably be with me forever or until an effective treatment is found. However my point is that slowly we will get used to it and will stop seeing it as smth unbearable. Sure adjustments have to be made, but that doesn't mean that one should be unhappy:) Life is about being flexible and getting used to different situations. Also these adjustments shouldn't be seen as "letting T control your life" but more as you taking care of your health and wellbeing.

• Like Like x 2
    2. Martin69
      Artistic

Martin69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      Hmm. Am I happy? Not there yet. Still having some depression because of T.
      I try living day by day and make the best out of it.
      On the long run hoping for habituation.
      We must be patient. It will take time getting used to it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. michela
      Dramaqueen

michela Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      epin, i absolutely hope you did not see my comment as an attack versus you personally!!!! i am really happy for YOU if it is true what you say!!!!!more than happy for you! so ok ,i believe you and try to change my own attitude a bit!!!good good look my friend for the future!

4. Mentos

Mentos Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced, loud rock concert
      I have mild T but I cannot say I'm happy, I still experience T related anxiety especially in the mornings and I have huge concentration problems ar work. If I could overcone concentration problems than I would be much closer to being relatively happy again

5. Shiela

Shiela Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music
      Hello everyone!
      I got my tinnitus some days ago so I'm quite new to this whole thing. The little ringing sound in my ear when I try to get some sleep after a long day at school, yeah, it's annoying. I do not know what the future awaits for me, I do not know if my tinnitus will fully disappear (which will be a miracle) or if it will worsen or get better.

Either way, i know that it is not that dangerous or harmful.
      I know that I cannot keep living in a shadow where I am scared of doing things in my life just because of this condition.

I know I am not the only one with T, and I know that some people have worse T than I have so I respect those people a lot, you are amazing!!

I just came here to remind you all that, even though we have this condition, doesn't mean we can't enjoy life like any other human without T, let's take care of our ears and try to live peacefully with this condition! It will get better as time goes ! Keep your heads up

Let's all also remind ourselves, that this condition also helped us become a stronger version of ourselves.
      This condition has caused many problems, for school in my case, but for any person's daily life too, but it has helped us become stronger.

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    6. JurgenG
      Approved

JurgenG Member Benefactor Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure / headphone accident maybe?
      Why did it increase?

7. Samir
      Obedient

Samir Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accoustic trauma
      “Those only are happy (I thought) who have their minds fixed on some object other than their own happiness; on the happiness of others, on the improvement of mankind, even on some art or pursuit, followed not as a means, but as itself an ideal end. Aiming thus at something else, they find happiness by the way.

The enjoyments of life (such was now my theory) are sufficient to make it a pleasant thing, when they are taken en passant, without being made a principal object. Once make them so, and they are immediately felt to be insufficient. They will not bear a scrutinizing examination.

Ask yourself whether you are happy, and you cease to be so. The only chance is to treat, not happiness, but some end external to it, as the purpose of life. Let your self-consciousness, your scrutiny, your self-interrogation, exhaust themselves on that; and if otherwise fortunately circumstanced you will inhale happiness with the air you breathe, without dwelling on it or thinking about it, without either forestalling it in imagination, or putting it to flight by fatal questioning.”

~ John Stuart Mill

• Like Like x 1