Poll: Have You Been Tested for Too Much Vitamin B6?

Discussion in 'Support' started by hans01, Dec 7, 2017.

?

Have you been tested for too much vitamin B6?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. hans01
      Artistic

hans01 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress, hearing loss, sinus infections, ... ?
      Hello,

I've been tested with too much Vitamin B6 in my blood tests early September, something I was suspecting since a while, and I have to be very careful with what I eat, in the past years, each time I use a supplement which had Vitamin B6 inside, I have had weird reactions and now I'm starting to make the connection with Tinnitus, the reason is that I tried to lower my intake of the food with this vitamin, and used more magnesium the last weeks, which seemed to give me some relief, definitely better and no headaches anymore, but in the last two days I ate more food again with this vitamin inside (meat, fish, eggs, bananas) and again I have bad tinnitus and headaches, stiff neck, pain in shoulders as if I have fibromyalgia, really strange.

I have read that one has to be careful with this vitamin, and in most supplements the dosage is WAAY too much and can be neurotoxic, so I wonder if any of you also have been tested with this vitamin and if there may be a relation with our tinnitus, thanks.

PLEASE ONLY POST YES OR NO IF YOU HAD B6 BLOOD TESTS DONE, otherwise choose "Don't know", thanks :)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Sorry, I voted before reading the above. So move one vote from a No to a Don't Know.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      hans01
      Artistic

hans01 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

Hi Bill, I think you can change your vote no ?

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I looked again, and I don't see a way to change it...

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      hans01
      Artistic

hans01 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      that's strange, i'm sure I checked that option, sorry ...

6. Noise_sucks
      Dumb

Noise_sucks Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise trauma
      I use a Vitamin B complex since I have my T.
      The one I am currently using has an amount of 20mg Pyridoxin (Vitamin B6). I read that overdoses may occur if you take more than 500mg daily.

How much Pyridoxin did your supplement contain?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      hans01
      Artistic

hans01 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe they stated recomended daily dose, which is 1.3 Mg I believe, each time I take B6 also in foods my muscles and neck become very tense and really react in a strange way to it. My doctor said that some people do react badly with B6 so the reason I ask here, just trying to find a link in the complex T world. Mine are really too high.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      hans01
      Artistic

hans01 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Now I wonder if I have made a mistake in the poll as I see that people probably say no, because they didn't do blood tests, which is the only way you can see if you have too much B6 and it's often an option.

9. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I believe you can edit the options of the poll that you yourself had posted.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      hans01
      Artistic

hans01 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

I can't anymore, I managed to add the I don't know option but not the question, had to think better stupid me :)

11. Noise_sucks
      Dumb

Noise_sucks Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise trauma
      Interesting. There actually is a German ENT which had some success with high dosages of Vitamin B6 (600mg daily) in combination with 1200mg NAC daily. This combination raises Glutathione levels in the blood which he claims is benefitial for the inner ear, especially after acoustic trauma.

I'm not quite sure about why too many Vitamin B6 should worsen someones T. But as you said: the world of T is complex - that's for sure.

• Like Like x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      hans01
      Artistic

hans01 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wow, 600mg that's really a lot, I would die with so much B6 :) indeed a complex world, for me B6 seems to worsen my T and my general condition. But it's very hard to lower in your blood.

13. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I had a similar experience. You might want to wait a month and then create another poll.

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @hans See my link under thread "Could Cervical Disc Herniation ...". Your doctor is correct about too much B6. B6 can cause muscle spasms, more so in the neck. Does too much B6 cause tinnitus? When already having a sore neck, B6 can likely increase discomfort. It's may aid in getting somatic reactions.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      hans01
      Artistic

hans01 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks Greg for the info, that's exactly how it goes for me, it seems to increase the sensation and gives horrible neck tensions. I'll take a look at your link, best wishes

16. Dmitriy
      Relaxed

Dmitriy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot Exposure
      I posted a while ago that I started taking B12 as per some recommendations for T. After few weeks I started getting pulsanite T which I didn't get before. At some point I noticed that my muscle twitch. I read that B12 can cause muscle twitching. I stopped taking it and in few weeks my pulsanite T was gone.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      hans01
      Artistic

hans01 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It seems that the vit B6 is really highly toxic and one should be careful with supplements that have it inside, even if blood tests are done and show improvement, it can still stay in tissues for much longer time. The symptoms I read on other forums are similar to mine, including tinnitus, and most people NEVER do a blood test for this, so if you didn't do any tests yet, I would suggest to do it.

It may also be that the vit D deficiency is one of the causes of the B6 toxicity, or a gene you don't have to transform this vitamin correctly.

Does someone know a B6 antagonist that works well ? I read alcohol, also vit B1, but would love to hear more with if possible links to clinical tests, thanks.