Poll: I Can't Mask the High-Pitch Ringing with Anything! Can You?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ian Aldred, Oct 28, 2016.

?

Does your tinnitus ring over everything?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
tinnitus forum
    1. Ian Aldred

Ian Aldred Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My tinnitus is so loud I can't even scream loud enough to mask it. No matter where I am, no matter what I try, there is no escape. I want something to kill me. I'm not suicidal, but can someone just put me out of my misery? :( I've tried everything guys... This is ruining my perfectly happy life. Please vote and tell me if your ringing rings over everything.

2. DebInAustralia

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      30/12/13
      There is a way out.

Back to silence thread

• Funny Funny x 1
    3. Ian Aldred

Ian Aldred Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
    4. stophiss

stophiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      too full a life
      Ian,
      Just to share brother...since there is no known cure for tinnitus. The path to take is to habituation. I know for some a silly if not hollow word. But that is the path. Michael Leigh on this forum who is very knowledgeable teaches that this path based upon tinnitus retraining therapy referred to as TRT which is essentially sound enrichment and NOT masking....masking is not desirable because the mind will never habituate to a sound it doesn't hear. So, you are best served with having your tinnitus be a companion to, but not be completely masked by sound augmentation.

Hope that makes sense and helps you learn to live with the devil. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Try to keep masking sound just below your tinnitus sound or mixing point.
      Your brain will work hard to listen to the lower sound and push your tinnitus to the background.
      White noise or pink noise works well but you might prefer to pick a sea sound etc.
      Try some nice smelly stuff also as the sence of smell is a great distraction and mood lifter.
      If you have not seen ENT or audiology it might be a good idea if it does not settle and your doctor to check for wax or infection.
      Keep posting for support around the clock...lots of love glynis

6. Jomo

Jomo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      going for a rim shot on the snare drum.
      • Like Like x 1