Pollen/Allergies and Hyperacusis...

Discussion in 'Support' started by SteveSkis92, Apr 12, 2016.

1. SteveSkis92
      Dumb

SteveSkis92 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity from Electronic Cigarettes (Propylene Glycol)
      Does anyone else experience an increase in Hyperacusis due to pollen and allergies? Last summer was my first real summer with T and H, and it royally sucked but I made it through. Once it got to be November or so, my H/Ear Pain went away at least 80%, but the last month my H has been steadily sneaking up on me again....

I have been taking Claritin D for the last few days with little to no effect on my facial congestion. My ears have been crackling like crazy and my Eustachian tubes just feel totally gunked up. It's making me seriously depressed because I was really starting to feel habituated and happy with things before this month. This has been a massive setback....My T might be a tiny bit worse, but my H is back with a vengeance....

Anyone else experience this?

• Like Like x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    2. Nonna
      Moonlighting

Nonna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      guess
      I can tell a difference with heavy pollen blowing T up. Not necessarily the H. There is a massage Special Doctors can do with the eustachian tube. There is a clip on you tube showing it. Or you could do it yourself. Some say you can not access the tube. But I've seen multiple links showing you how to massage the gunk down into the throat.

3. Nonna
      Moonlighting

Nonna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      guess
      I was fairly content with my ear noise. I rarely go outside in spring or summer. I went out at night last week and rockets went off in my ears. And I heard my other ear for the first time. Broke me. The pollen is so thick and stupid here. I read on our local news an article from last year saying there was a pollen vortex, and that allergy season is the worst it's ever been.