Pop-up Girl and Girlfriends.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Marc22, Jul 26, 2017.

1. japongus

japongus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      There's no middle ground. It's supposed to be conflictive. Sound therapy ''tries to help'' in its condescending and offensive and philistine manner to patients. And then someone gets eardrum reinforcement done (on the TTTS facebook group) and suddenly years of claims made by sound therapists that T and H was a limbic thing get discredited and suddenly they have to silently admit that the eardrum had a part in it.

2. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      fyi..

my t and h is far from mild.... but youd know that!

this forum is not a platform for attacking respected members.

You made it personal for many of us when you took it upon yourself to make unsavoury comments about a guy whose heart is in the right place.

diverse opinions are going to occur in forums, and healthy discussion is welcomed. But, bringing Michael into this is just not cool.

• Agree Agree x 3
    3. japongus

japongus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Yada yada yada, here we go again with the psychological attribution and chastising. Don't blame forum participants for not daring to be guinea pigs in the new procedures that have come up recently, like grommets on Hain's page, window reinforcement in Silverstein's, botox in L.A., eardrum reinforcement in Belgium. Blame the decades of being condescended to by sound therapists and shrink nannies. Some of these procedures were met by sound therapists with absurd reasons, over at chat-h they claimed all Silverstein did was give hearing loss, and then it turned out that he didn't help LDLs but he helped pain, in others he helped LDLs and others made no difference, and one or two worse. To make matters more absurd, a paper came up saying it actually increases sound into the round window, over at the very emotionally baggagy ARO 2016 or 2017

4. japongus

japongus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      You're the ones who attacked us. All we said was we were offended by what he said. We have a right to be offended, end of. Now you're just trying to apply the switcheroo trying to make it seem like it was us that made it personal.

5. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      incorrect.

stick to the topic and leave Michael out of it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    6. japongus

japongus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Who is this Michael? Is he the member who just said

''My advice to people seeking help in this forum and others they might visit. There will always be people that will feel sorry for themselves and choose to live their life bogged down in misery and despair. These people not only have tinnitus but often have other emotional baggage in their life to deal with and want to vent their frustrations to the world. Forums and other social media sites are perfect platforms for this. Try not to take it on because these people find it difficult to change and they will attempt to break you with their negativity.''

as a way to thinly veil personal attacks under the guise of ''well-meaning advice''?

Or are you talking about sound therapists and shrinks in general, the ones that speak about our issues purely because otologists don't operate on ears without hearing loss? Wouldn't that make them intruders in a profession that shouldn't belong to them?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marc22
      Wtf

Marc22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      exposure to broken muffler noise
      My reply to Michael Leigh , after his amateurish and patronising "psychologising" of angry people, was deleted. I do not understand why since it did not contain more anger and profanity than other people's posts. Anyways, Japongus' replies express all that I feel.

Been gone for a week, and will not be able to post as regularly because I broke a toe, and can't visit my local library whose computers I use. See my new thread about toe break.

Marco

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Members need to respond to the Author of the thread and any problem with posts that are personal ,belittling,patronizing etc need reporting to staff and not try score points off each other in a forum where it's enough to put members off posting.
      I'm not on anyone's side and have my own views .
      There are two threads at present been way off topic and I'm sick to death of it when you have a report button.
      I hope all this stops now....
      If you are not happy then complain in private and leave the threads in peace.
      All posts are as important as each others and up to the author what information they take on board ......
      You should be proud to be members on here helping others.......!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    9. Sen
      Caffeine

Sen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dunno
      No internet at home? How do you spend your days?

10. canuhearmenow
      Musical

canuhearmenow Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drug Induced
      If someone loves you, or is even attracted for that matter, why should hyperacusis be a reason for them to hesitate having a relationship with you? It's not an STD.

My ex was bipolar and wasn't taking meds to control it. I knew it before we got married but it didn't change the way I felt about her.

11. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Well said @canuhearmenow and hope you don't mind me saying I applaud you. Unfortunately some people are not what they appear to be. See me and living with me are two different things. Whether it's tinnitus/hyperacusis or some other medical condition. Love can quickly fly through the window when someone realises what they've taken on. When assets (property) are in the equation some people are ruthless and only after what they can get. With this in mind, anyone contemplating matrimony, needs to go it with their head well screwed on as they could end up with nothing once the lawyers and courts are involved. Sorry to sound so sobering but I've seen it happen too many times.

Michael

12. canuhearmenow
      Musical

canuhearmenow Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drug Induced
      LOL, I've been married 3 times. You're not telling me anything I don't know. ;)

My ex's being bipolar had nothing to to with it though, and in my own way I still care about her. Relationships just don't seem to work out for me and I take full responsibility for my part in it.

13. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I rest my case @canuhearmenow
      Well done to you. You're obviously a caring and thoughtful person, not many are around these days.
      All the best
      Michael

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marc22
      Wtf

Marc22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      exposure to broken muffler noise
      To SEN:

Sorry about the late response to your question above. I did respond a week ago but my post got deleted. A lot of bad stuff happened in the last 10 days.

I basically stay at home and spend time at the local library, where I use their computers. I really do not need to go anywhere else or can't go anywhere else.

The last time I posted some psychopath named Amiel said I deserved having my ear problems, but that post was deleted also. I also ranted against Michael Leigh for his vicious attack against people who suffer misery. An above post by him clearly shows he cares nothing for those who cannot pull themselves out of their misery by their own bootstraps.

Take care.
      Marco

• Hug Hug x 1