Positional Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Heatherb123456, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Heatherb123456

Heatherb123456 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head cold
      Hello All,

I got my tinnitus from a sinus infection about 7 weeks ago. I have the ear fullness and ringing worse in one ear but still have an overall ringing. I believe my Eustachian tubes are not functioning properly. They feel like they need to pop and when I do, I get a few seconds of relief. I still have hope that this will go or at least reduce when the tubes hopefully heal.

So, here is the question, in the mornings it is the quietest and if I remain standing after I get up , my T stays low. If I sit in the couch and watch tv or I’m in my iPad the t starts increasing. When I stand the sound goes down. But once it goes up to a point it won’t go back down. So if I get up in the am and stay standing it’s not bad. Anyone else get this? I can remain standing all day but may the difference is remarkable.

2. Jack Mccarthy

Jack Mccarthy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      airplane flight cabin pressure
      Mine never really goes away but can get louder. Lately, if I sit down and watch TV on the sofa, it acts up. Most likely due to positioning of my head. The pitch of the sound increases as I tilt my head down to my chest.

My doctor as well stated it's related to the eustachian tube and it constantly spasming. Been going on almost 10 year now. Thankfully, it's only mild, but I still need to mask it to concentrate when I'm not medicated.