Positive Story — Tinnitus Virtually Gone

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Erica343, May 12, 2018.

1. Erica343
      Chatty

Erica343 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/20/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I wanted to share my positive experience with tinnitus. After 3 and 1/2 months my tinnitus is virtually gone. It had started as a morse code chirping in my left ear and after about a 2 months, switched to my right ear. The morse code chirping then completely disappeared and the noise turned into a flat beeeeeep in my right ear that would come and go. Sometimes I still believe I hear it at a very low volume, but I think this may just be the "normal head noise," that pretty much everyone hears in what is considered a silent room (20-40 Db's).

I do not know what caused my onset. I had a full audiogram and was able to easily hear frequencies up to 18,000. I have not had any other tests. My biggest challenge has been sleeping comfortably. I was extremely depressed due to constant lack of energy and being unable to sleep at night without going through a meditation battle to calm down enough. It was soul sucking. I think the worst thing about tinnitus is not being able to sleep properly. If a human cannot sleep, than game over. I have used headphones to listen to rainfall during sleep for the past 5 years after I moved to a noisy city and could not sleep without blocking out all of the sirens, neighbors, doors slamming, cars, etc. I would actually wear silicone earplugs and also over the ear headphones while listening to this music and I kept the volume to the point that it was barely audible. Often, I would wake up and have to check that the music was still playing because I ear plugs in and had the volume so low, so I would surprised if my tinnitus was noise induced. I had drank a lot of alcohol and smoked cigarettes in my late 20's (I am 30 now), so I am not sure if that had caused it. I have read that toxins from both of these things can damage the auditory nerve as well as the hair cells nerve endings.

Anyways, the positive thing was that audionotch worked wonders for me. I think sometimes masking doesn't work for people because they are not finding the right frequency to mask their sound. Basic rainfall, white noise, Youtube videos, etc may not be enough because they are not tuned to match an individuals tinnitus frequency. I also think the biggest challenge is just accepting it. Like most things, once you accept them they do not bother you anymore. I have a friend who got tinnitus from playing the drums all his life with no protection. He still plays them without protection because he said he doesn't care about the noise at all (think he's nuts!). I just wanted to say that it does go away from some people. If it doesn't it usually only gets better from the time a person is at their worst. I suggest to everyone to do all they can to get a good nights sleep so they can be healthy and rested each day. When we are all rested, we can tackle any challenge. Good luck to everyone and feel free to private message me or respond ! :)

• Like Like x 14
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Assthetic

Assthetic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you for coming here and posting :thankyousign:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. john paul
      English

john paul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Your tinnitus may not be noise induced but realise your sleeping routine is not normal and still may be the source of your tinnitus. I wouldn't assume anything if i was you, but its still good your not suffering anymore, congrats.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Erica343
      Chatty

Erica343 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/20/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      You are right. It very well may be, especially considering there seems to be no other cause. I've been trying to change my sleep routine very recently, but it is difficult. I will often lay awake for 3 or 4 hours anxious before getting fed up and putting my headphones on at a super low volume (like only the first volume notch on a macbook). I'm just not used to all of this external noise from living in a city and I never became accustomed to it because when I moved to my city (Boston), I picked up this sleep routine. By the way, I like your Family Guy avatar :)

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Erica343
      Chatty

Erica343 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/20/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Assthetic, my pleasure ! I think its super important for people to report the positive even though we are all inclined only to look for insight into the negative.

6. Michellejean

Michellejean Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/1/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus/ no clue
      @Erica343 when did you notice it fading? I feel like my t is fading for a day or two then it ramps up again then fades again... it’s only getting better but curious if you just woke up and didn’t hear it or if it was slow and gradual

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Erica343
      Chatty

Erica343 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/20/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi Michelle:)

I wish I could give you an exact of what lowered my tinnitus but I am not sure what caused it or even what made it go away. I can certainly say that my tinnitus definitely did not just disappear in one day. It was very gradual and slow and came to the point that it faded away. I am not sure of what caused mine, but I tried to make adjustments to everything in my life that I thought may have been a factor in causing it.

My tinnitus would also seem "gone" and then a day or two later be back louder than before, but it did go away eventually. If yours is getting than better I would stay positive each day:) Regardless of whether it stays or goes we can still have a full life :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    8. JuneStar
      Sheepish

JuneStar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      that's how mine has been. fading to a low his, then back to a slightly higher pitched noise. it's not super loud, but intrusive. but always this electrical feel in my head that drives me batty. 7 weeks in :arghh:

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. The Jordan
      Sad

The Jordan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      23/06/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma (Cinema)
      This is very similar to my case. Right now I only have a very low regular tinnitus sound in right ear, not very annoying (unless it spikes). But I have this electrical feeling on my head as well, sometimes it moves to my jaw/temple/ears. its horrible for me since you dont heard it at all but you feel it physically and is so annoying.

Maybe is nerve related but I dont sure, but its defenitely not the typical tinnitus sound since its more of a sensation. Do you have hyperacusis? I think nerve problems may be related to it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. JuneStar
      Sheepish

JuneStar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      I did. It's getting better slowly. noises dont really bother me that much anymore but my own voice sounds odd. its getting better slowly.

11. The Jordan
      Sad

The Jordan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      23/06/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma (Cinema)
      In my case I dont have problem with my own voice, neither with other people voices unless they shout or talk very close to my ears. But I cant tolerante a lot of other things, like television or water coming from the shower.

But now my main problem is the continue electrical feeling on my head or near it, its so annoying and cant sleep well because of this feeling (my ear tinnitus is much less annoying next to it).

I hope it isnt a more serious type of T but rather another thing linked to it.

Also I often have random intense nerve-like pain on parts around my head and face, (jaw, temples, back of the head...) I dont know if you also have experience this.

12. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      is this after the acoustic reflex?