Possible Full Recovery From Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by uncle vikin, Mar 12, 2015.

1. uncle vikin
      Musical

uncle vikin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Subjective tinnitus r ear cause ( unknown)
      6 months ago I went to the Shea clinic in Memphis Tennessee.I was given a slew of hearing test. The Dr. looked in my ear with a light and gave me some info on tinnitus.I was a mess I drove 200 miles back to Nashville TN.I just assumed for 6 months that I had tinnitus.I as many of you searched every thing I could about tinnitus.This trip to Memphis was in Sept. 2014.Oct. 12th 2014 I went to the ER with full panic attacks 3 times as I had told the ENT doctor in Memphis that my nose was blocked and it was hard to breath,I also told the ER dr. this. The 3rd time I went to the ER they treated me as if I was crazy.I do believe they would have locked me in an insane facility but after response to a pshyc. Dr. via Robot they let me go.I still could not breath good and clearly had an infection.I managed to work through Thanksgiving but by first week of Dec. I was a wreak and went on leave from work.Back in Oct. I went to another ENT who also looked in my ears with a light and said I don't see anything.My P.care Dr. since Oct. 2014 after several visits and alot of test said I don't see anything.
      Fast foward to Feb 6th 2015 still unable to breth good thru my nose and I felt the flu onset I had a couple of deep cavitys went to my dentist he filled them and knew I was feeling sick .So he ,unlike all the other doctors gave me a 10 day anti-biotic course.During this time I started taking potassium iodine and long steam inhales plus nettie pot w sea salt and baking soda and I mean a strong mix .(it burned) I noticed after I would do this w antibiotics each night I would blow my nose and hear hissing out both ears.It is clearly a ear infection.The ringing is almost gone.I believe it is Streptococcus Pneumonia .There is a stubborn form of this called 19A.I believe all my doctors missed this because they are told not to give anti-biotics because of concern about resistance.I believe alot of cases of T is just this and is not being treated .So 6 months of an ear infection could have given me permanent hearing loss and T and possibly death,Yes you can die from it.There has been alot of people with sinnus and upper respiratory infections that can't get over it.I believe it is the lack of giving anti-biotics that contribute to strain resistance bacterial infections.I am pissed off and I am not the sueing kind.6 months of this and my dentist helped me find my cure.Please all that have T .Do not rule out a sinnus ear ect. infection.And demand your doctor give you a script of anti-biotics and also try another if it does not work.Humans invented anti-biotics to cure illness life expectancy has risen because of it .Doctors are not treating common infection like they use too and in my opinion they should.Old school medicine.I believe I have cured my tinnitus .Some of you may say I did not have T.We'll I can assure you I did for 6 months and if I did not keep trying to fight it as if it we're a physical ailment then I would have permanent T and hearing lose.Shame on the medical doctors who are not trying to practice medicine anymore but will collect your money at the door. I almost certainly know my T will be gone, by my and my dentist actions.I plan on contacting each doctor and giving them a EARFULL I am gonna voice my concern how they treat ringing of the ear and how they misdiagnosed my condition.If this is the case of my T and it goes away then it might help some of you with T before it is to late.I will stay on this site and try as much as I can to help people with T.I have truly been through Hll the past 6 months and would like to for the rest of my life help those that suffer.My determination to raise awareness and help solve this T mystery will never stop for me. Treat Ear Problems like ear infections as precaution always.In my case I had to do it myself.Mine is almost gone but I will update when it is gone completly.It has been 4 days lower everyday.Hope my brain plastisity has not set my T in permanently.I will have to wait and see so far so good.I can atleast take a little hiss that is very managable but I hope it completly is gone soon.I will update within the month. MIKE K (uncle vikin)

• Like Like x 4
    2. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      good that you have found something that helps you.

however, for me, I stay away from antibiotics. I believe I have t because of ciprofloxacillin

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. SleeplessSoul
      Insomnious

SleeplessSoul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Vikin,
      What antibiotic finally cleared you up?

4. Aziz Khan

Aziz Khan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      Did you have multiple sound tinnitus? mine seem to have all sorts of sounds...

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      uncle vikin
      Musical

uncle vikin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:

• Useful Useful x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      uncle vikin
      Musical

uncle vikin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One last note .I think drug resistant strains are not caused by the over use of anti-biotics it caused by the under use of anti-biotics.Also not finishing full course of the medicines.

7. Fiore
      Doubtful

Fiore Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      That is such great news @uncle vikin :D that is kind of scary that one can die from an ear infection :/ I wa son amoxicillin (for wisdom tooth extraction) and it lowered my T the doctor switched me to something stronger dicloxacillin and it's helping as I sometimes feel slight pain in my ears but then again it could be jaw related... I will definitely see another ENT to check for infection just incase. Thank you for sharing this :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Any updates on this ?