Potential Scam, Snake Oil: TinAway

Discussion in 'Research News' started by tomytl, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Yan
      Inspired

Yan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics
      Ok, just tried it again. The weird sensation is surely reproducible.
      It starts at approximately at 93.6Hz, peaks around 95.5-96Hz and fades off at around 98Hz. Sine wave on low-to-medium volume level. Interestingly it works better when I apply compressor, when amplification between frequencies is evened out and stare at spectrum analysis tool to see visually what's going on. It also seems to affect the pitch of my hyperacusis. It changes tone a little bit.
      I don't experience it in my left (good) ear. In my left ear I just hear pure sine wave tone, no physical sensation.
      I stop after 40 minutes. I have slight headache and feel my right ear is now pulsating in a weird way.
      As far as sensation: vibration in the ear, like if I'd brush my ear with electric toothbrush with almost dead battery:)
      There is probably explanation to it. It just never experienced it before. Interesting.
      I attach saved project if anyone else wants to try it. This is Ableton project (ableton.com). I think that frequency range (93.6-98Hz) is subjective to me, so you might want to try different range/wave type. Sound monitor used: Yamaha HS50M

PS. Oh and I forgot to mention. The sound produced by these freqs is not the sound of my T. So it is not masking, for sure.

Attached Files:

2. preslys

preslys Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      sorry
      if there will be à cure for tinnitus . Autifony will be the one only and no others.

• Funny Funny x 1
    3. Goofpod

Goofpod Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concussion
      Yan,
      Interesting stuff you're doing there. I'm a retired musician (that's probably how I lost some of my hearing), and an IT guy- but not a programmer. However, I do understand your runaway loop concept and I think there may be some merit to that.

Many researchers are honing in on fractal tone generation for potential tinnitus relief. These guys in the study are using a slightly different approach by studying how children seem to outgrow tinnitus during puberty. That's a different angle that I think is worth devoting more research toward. The number of children with T is probably very small, at least according to the doctor I've been working with in a San Francisco T support group. That was the only aspect she questioned in this research. But hey, it's a big world so even if they were only 1000 reported cases of children with tinnitus worldwide, and they all grew out of it at puberty, that's worth pursuing.

Keep up your research, and keep posting to this thread please. I understand about 75% of what you're posting and find it intriguing!

4. baz 22
      Alone

baz 22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Sorry for bringing up old threads but i think this is quite interesting. Although a better name could have been chosen. "Tinaway" just sounds like a scam. I am guessing they didn't get the money so gave up.

Although i think there is something in it by using sounds to reprogram the brain or suppress tinnitus.

Kinda like when i listen to my favourite music, smile and forget all about tinnitus. Or the way some masking sounds work for one person but aggrevate another.

5. Paul Betteridge

Paul Betteridge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1998
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Working on a song using headphones. So I know the exact caus
      By who exactly? Seems to be a lot of haters on here. Any research people are willing to do has to be a good thing surely!

6. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      the web site of the company is off the grid
      not a good sign

7. Paul Betteridge

Paul Betteridge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1998
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    8. lapidus

lapidus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      • Agree Agree x 1
    9. Paul Betteridge

Paul Betteridge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1998
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It was more the assertion that that would "be the only one", which bothered me. :pompous: