Power of Attraction / The Secret: Utilizing a Vision Board for Tinnitus — What Image Would Work?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Marie79, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      So... in my past when I have heard about the "secret" or the power of attraction I was able to use it. I have no idea if it would work on a major health issue but I have envisioned many wonderful things.

It sounds easy but it isn't. You have to have the mindset and you can't just fake that mindset. I want to get back into it (you guys should too..it really doesn't hurt anything... Just Google Power of Attraction and The Secret or watch it on Netflix).

Anyway... I want to make a vision board (otherwise known as a dream board, it's a collection of aspirations that are placed on a backing made from any stiff material that you want to utilize) but what would be a good image for either being free of tinnitus or an image that it doesn't bother you anymore? The idea isn't that you think about something negative. It's that you are visualizing yourself in that reality...

So... What image do you think would work?

2. stophiss

stophiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      too full a life
      Probably one size doesn't fit all. If you are into jumping out of airplanes, maybe its parachutists in sequence in the sky. If you are into yachting, it maybe formation of boats racing. Into gardening, maybe its beautiful horticulture.

I have a different take Marie. I don't need a visual. I like doing it and being in the moment. When I am full tilt doing what I love and/or directing my mind toward that activity with people of same mind, my T and H don't exist.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      That is why pursuing interesting projects or hobbies has been suggested as a way to lessen the impact of T in our lives. I learned this concept way back when T was new from Paul Tobey who was once a feature speaker for ATA. Go after your dream and pursue your goals or hobbies and T would be so ignored by the brain that it may fade it out of consciousness while you are fully engaged in those activities.

Perhaps your image can be a picture of you fully engaged in your favourite hobbies, smiling and enjoying them. That will remind you of the care-free you enjoying life free from T.

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. Starthrower
      Wtf

Starthrower Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery
      Drifting in a sailboat on a calm lake or ocean on a warm spring day. Focusing on the sound of the water gently lapping against the sides of the boat. Hearing the seagulls in the distance. Feeling the warmth of the early morning sun on my face.

Drifting. Drifting. Calm and serene.

This is what I used in the early days of meditation. Still use it at night sometimes.

Suppose you could find such a photo that would represent this.

5. Foncky
      Tired

Foncky Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music. Balloon. Genes.
      I finally read between your lines :D

6. stophiss

stophiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      too full a life
      Hilarious Foncky. I am convinced there would be a lot less anxiety on this forum if there were a lot more of that.:D
      What tinnitus?;)
      Fly low brother and enjoy the ride.:cool:

7. Canador

Canador Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Marie,

The people behind "The Secret" might suggest that you not have tinnitus in mind while you are creating your vision board.

8. Zorro!
      Wtf

Zorro! Member

This image works for me. ;)

fantastic.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
    9. Foncky
      Tired

Foncky Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music. Balloon. Genes.
      E32 on the way hopefully... Only 93 000 miles. That's what I picture right now. A hyperacusis-friendly car !

10. stophiss

stophiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      too full a life
      should be Foncky. Big car, long wheelbase....excellent NVH aka Noise, Vibration and Harshness.
      Just keep the stereo down low as you're stylin' ;)
      Post up a pic when you get it.
      93K miles is just broken in for that car.
      Drive safe.