Prescribed Medrol (Methylprednisolone) for an Upper Respiratory infection

Discussion in 'Support' started by James69, Aug 24, 2017.

1. James69

James69 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Hello, all.

I have been absent from these forums for over a year. I have, for the most part, habituated to this horrible condition.

I was just prescribed 4 mg Medrol (Methylprednisolone) for an upper respiratory infection due to my unwillingness to take antibiotics (one of the possible factors, along with concerts and a sporting event I attended in 2015).

Has anyone been prescribed this for a reason OTHER than tinnitus itself? I was given 10 mg Prednisone twice (first on the onset of my condition in 2015; second time was after I foolishly subjected my ears to a loud environment in September 2016) and both scripts (14-day tapers) were taken without any noticeable side effects.

Is there any need to worry in regards to my taking the Medrol?

I was supposed to start it this morning but I decided to push it back a day in the hopes I get some good suggestions here.

Thanks!
      Jim

2. Janis

Janis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      I sometimes take Medrol 4 mg, but not consistently. I don't think it will cause any adverse effects, especially if you are using it for a temporary condition. Actually, I believe it is the lack of cortisol (Medrol is the synthetic version) that has contributed to my tinnitus, which I've had for 20 years. :(

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      James69

James69 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      @Janis So you didn't contract tinnitus until after you started taking Medrol?