Pressure In Ears

Discussion in 'Support' started by MJC, May 11, 2015.

1. MJC
      Depressed

MJC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April
      Hi All,

2nd Post - I have tinnitus from music damage in a club.

It's coming upto 3 weeks now and apart from the ringing and buzzing, both my ears still feel full and pressurised. No matter how much I try to pop it, it still feels blocked and full. I am so scared and worried it won't go away. I am taking beconase prescribed by the doctor, but no difference.

Possibley Eustachian tube damage?

Anyone had the symptom of blocked full ears or pressure and then resolved it?

Thanks everyone !

2. Max_fcktr
      Crappy

Max_fcktr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      if it Eustachian tube blocked is go away throgh some times. And u will free and happy.. if u have T u may problem with inner ear or damage hair cells in your cohlea

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MJC
      Depressed

MJC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April
      @Max_fcktr
      Thanks for the response. The blocked feeling is really driving me crazy - I've tried everything to unblock them but nothing has worked plus my eardrums hurt... I hope it heals soon. Never been so scared in my life..
      What's you history with T?

4. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Dont shoot the messenger ,sadly its all part of the tinnitus,everything else it might be is a red herring.

Spent years neti potting ,valsalvering. decongestants.... when I have my hearing aids in the t eases and so does the pressure full feeling.Take my aids out the T builds as does the fullness and pressure feeling.

I realise from research its just another symptom of damaged ears and yes its horrible

• Like Like x 1
    5. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      And with that statement you outrank the knowledge of the average member of TT, not to mention the knowledge of the average ENT.

While the middle ear and airways may play a role in relation to certain symptoms, so too does the inner ear.

Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
    6. Balthazar

Balthazar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/13
      Hi mate, I have tinnitus from club damage too. It took a good 4 months, possibly more to get rid of it. I also had hypercusis for about the same period of time. I drank a lot of chamomile tea and tried to eat a non-inflammatory diet. No idea if it actually helped, but it's not a bad thing to do anyway.

7. Balthazar

Balthazar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/13
      I should clarify, it took 4 months to get rid of the full feeling... The ringing is still there, but you know what, it rarely bothers me now.

• Like Like x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MJC
      Depressed

MJC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April
      @carlover thanks for your feedback- do you suffer from pain and fullness in the ears?

Thanks

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MJC
      Depressed

MJC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April
      @Balthazar hi:)
      Thanks for your feedback. I didn't realise this could happen -but the next day after going to the club for a work event my eardrums were throbbing from the pain, terrible blocked feeling and had a high pitched sound. It's the throbbing ear pain /fullness of the ears that is hard to deal with.... Did you doctor diagnose anything specific ? I know I sound stupid but I am scared of the pain and fullness not going away - so I trying to do whatever it takes to get better- any other tips or advice will be greatly appreciated! :)

10. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      Sorry you took it like that ,wasnt trying to come over all billy big ones ok?

Just I have studied this since 1986 looking for answers and as I have a degree in traditional Chinese medicine ,I have a huge interest in health,as for Tinnitus I expect my Knowledge ,maybe yours IS greater than the Average ENT, Fullness and pressure can come from meniers cant it nothing to do with Eustachion Tube,The clicking in the ear a strange symptom with Tinnitus you hope its the Eustachion tube but it appears just another strange symptom of tinnitus........all im saying is |i have seen many people on forums talking about this and all hoping if they can only fix their so called ETD all will be well,I havent seen one come back and say that was the cause. as i have done myself relentlessly..you talk about TMJ with an ENT and they will come over all vague.....I havent got much time for ENTs if you have Tinnitus they want you out the office as quick as possible as they are floundering and dont like to not be in control

England 4 West Germany 2 1966 world Cup.

11. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      No. I meant every word of it. Indeed the inner ear plays a role in relation to symptoms of fullness. I am surprised by how many ENTs (and TT-members, for that matter) do not know this.

• Hug Hug x 1
    12. Max_fcktr
      Crappy

Max_fcktr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      nevermind. Just not try to valsalva. No valsalva. i hope u hearin me

13. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      Ah ,Im with you ,all the best

14. Brianna
      No Mood

Brianna Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No clue - too many causes.
      I suppose, even though I have a better jump on this than most, I'm surprised that you said ENTs and TT folks here don't realize the inner ear can and often does play a role in fullness. Closed eustachian would also.

@Max_fcktr, I assume you know that you can gently "pop" your ears to allow the eustachian tubes to open and close. Hold your nose closed and gently apply pressure through your nose. If the blocked feeling continues (it may well), go to an ENT ... don't screw up your hearing.

Also, if any of you has an eardrum that hurts, for goodness sakes, please see an ENT who has more than a year or two experience in the field. It could be fluid causing the fullness.
      :) I'd want you in and out quickly if I couldn't help with a specific need for a patient. Few ENTs would know about tinnitus - it is a specialty as Dr. Nagler mentioned if you can find one. I've found doctors who listen (in the U.S.). If they don't listen these days, I leave the practice. I'm not letting doctors misdiagnose me anymore. I quit my ENT and his new audiologist and went to a different orthopedist recently.

• Like Like x 1
    15. Balthazar

Balthazar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/13
      Haha, the doctor told me to take an aspirin and that it may go in a few weeks. TT is probably the best resource you will find.

I'd forgotten this, but I also had little pinprick type pains. It was pretty unpleasant, but it gradually eased off. I did hyperbaric oxygen therapy as well, which may have helped, but it certainly wasn't significant. I took all sorts of supplements including: magnesium, vitamin b's and c, gingko biloba, some chinese stuff I got when I tried acupuncture... All sorts. I didn't at the time, but I do now take NAC and would probably recommend this to protect your ears. I ate loads of avocados, can't remember why, but I like them.

So in the absence of any medically proven solutions, the best I can give is to eat healthily, stay hydrated, go to bed early, stay away from noisy places (wear earplugs) and be patient. It will get better eventually.

16. Max_fcktr
      Crappy

Max_fcktr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      no, organism must regulate himself, if u doing pop u can damage your inner ear drum - oval or window windows wihout damage in eardrum. better is nothin than gently i. yes many ent do not know about it. coz they stupid dicks.but if u want this condition u can do it more and more

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MJC
      Depressed

MJC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April
      @Karen
      @gary
      Hi Karen,
      Hi Gary,

I read in a previous post that you have suffered a fullness of the ear/s.

I am currently suffering fullness and pressure in both ears plus tinnitus due to
      music damage. It has been 1 month now
      and I am waiting to see an ENT doctor in the UK but the wait is 8 weeks plus.

The high pitched noise is annoying but the
      stressful part for me is the full blocked feeling in both ears and the pressure feeling
      that comes and goes. Sometimes my ear drums hurt when the pressure feels intense.

I am trying to keep calm and ignore the
      voice that says it will never go away, but
      I go thru moments when I really panic.

Is there any advice that you can give me?

Thanks
      Mary-Jane

18. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Hi Mary Jane. My fullness went away lets see, hmmm, I think it was around two years. I wish I could be more specific but it really did not bother me all that much, it was/is the T itself that really bothers me.

I have read here on TT most people ay first get that fulness, but it eventually goes any, let hope you fall into that category. Karen is a wealth of information & she is a real sweetheart and will give you all the knowledge she has regarding the fullness.

Wish I could be of more help....

19. James Brown
      Sporty

James Brown Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09-1998 2013(worst)2018 (T+H)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposition-noise trauma-siren
      I also had ear pressure but it desapears after some time. Normally pressure goes away. T is harder to go.

20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MJC
      Depressed

MJC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April
      @James Brown hi James, thanks for letting me know:) really appreciate it hopefully the pressure and full feeling go away soon!

21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MJC
      Depressed

MJC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April
      @gary you have been more than helpful! Thank you for answering my message
      Take care and speak soon

22. Mclyra

Mclyra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Hello, is anybody here better from pressure ever since? I need some hope here. :(

23. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Yes that pressure feeling has mostly gone for me after about a year.

I take nac. Not sure if this is why

24. Brettj34
      Depressed

Brettj34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Load Music
      I have ear fullness it is 100 times worse then the T. Had it for a week now and hoping it will go away but thinking it won't. Have noise induced hearing loss from a concert a year and a half ago and this fullness feeling has come ever since my daughter yelled in my ear.

I feel that it is the hair cells protecting my hearing from further damage but i think this time my hearing my hearing may not bounce back. So scared as i am only 33 with a young family. Should be a great time in my life but i am really bringing everybody down with my worries. I think about hearing loss 24/7.

Hard to live a normal life...