Pulsatile Tinnitus — Worried

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by NickolaiHC, May 21, 2019.

1. NickolaiHC

NickolaiHC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello everyone,

I have had pulsatile tinnitus in my right ear, starting some time earlier this year, maybe February. I was not sure what it was to begin with, so I just went to the doctor a week ago. He listened to my neck, and could not hear anything. He did mention that additional testing could be done, but it would cost ~$3,000. He said that he wouldn't waste our money as there is "probably nothing wrong." I have also suffered from minor headaches (sporadic, not really in the same place) and some nausea/lack of appetite for the last couple of weeks. Do you think these could have anything to do with the pulsatile tinnitus? I feel like everything could be explained by the anxiety that I am feeling, except the PT.

I am getting in my own head about what could be wrong with me, worrying a lot, feeling super anxious. Has anyone experienced anything similar to this?

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Warm welcome to the forum. We have many members here who suffer the same PT condition as you. There is actually a separate forum to support PT sufferers. You are welcome to post there. PT usually has something to do with blood pressure or circulation issue. Perhaps get your doctor check on that to make sure there is nothing serious about your cardiovascular system first. Our notable member @Karen has answered some PT questions or share her experiences. Perhaps if she is available she may be able to help you with her experiences. Also, PT has been discussed often with many past threads about this subject. You can search pulsatile tinnitus and get more info if you like. Take good care. God bless.