Pulsating Tinnitus Positional

Discussion in 'Support' started by kelsey, Oct 15, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. kelsey

kelsey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5 months ago
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure...Pain under jaw by ear
      Sorry, I post a lot, But what i have noticed now is my pulsating tinnitus is positional....When I lay down the sound is very low in one ear, and when I sit up driving or watching tv it is VERY LOUD....Semi Engine loud with fluctuations of sound when my heart beats.... So if this is caused by the position of my head or neck what is causing this???

I also get numbness in my face and pressure in my sinuses/face when Im in a sitting position as well.....Something is happening to me when I'm in a sitting or standing position....but when i lay down the sound is barely there, numbness slowly goes and the pressure in my face is not as apparent......Any clues what this may be???????

2. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      @kelsey

Could be fluid in your inner ear moving. I notice my right ear hum start to pulsate when I lie on my right side in bed. If I turn to sleep on the left the hum remains but the pulsating seems to abate. This could fit in with your sinus symptoms too. Nothing much to be done until the fluid drains. That can take months sometimes.

3. The Red Viper
      Angry

The Red Viper Member Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      March 15, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Current Theory: Leftover infection ETD + neck muscle injury
      Could be a neck thing. Maybe there is some spasming going on in your neck muscles. Could be pressing on blood vessels as well as nerves.