Raising Awareness with a Short Movie

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by DanDun, Oct 8, 2017.

1. DanDun

DanDun Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi everyone,
      I'm new here. My name is Dan, and I have tinnitus for 8 years now.
      I am filming a short movie to raise awareness for Tinnitus.

Is there anyone here that has a special/unique/healing from tinnitus story or just anything else that you would think that people would like to see in that kind of movie, please tell me.

If you know someone that you think is willing to participate in that kind of short movie, please also let me know.

Special notice - You will have to talk to me on Skype and you will be filmed to the movie.

Thank you!

Dan

• Useful Useful x 1
    2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Props on working on awareness. Thank you for your time invested in this.

I'm unsure that an odd anecdote is particularly suited for this: if the viewer is a T sufferer, they're just going to dismiss it as so special that it is not that relevant to them (there was a story on this very forum a while back about a guy who had T for decades and got cured by swimming in a lake: nice story, but how relevant?) - and if the viewer isn't a T sufferer (which is your audience since your goal is awareness), then there are a few other points that are orders of magnitude more important to make: first, that it's a serious condition (it's not always just "a tiny noise"); second, that there is no cure and no working method to target the symptoms either; third, that it affects many people; and fourth that the current state of research is still very primitive, despite recent improvements in the activity.

Good luck!

3. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Kudos to you pal! we need this message spread to the masses and bring tinnitus and its horror to the mainstream. Hopefully with efforts like yours, we can one day find a cure...