Random Thoughts... Casually Daydreaming Somehow Something Ending Our Tinnitus/Hyperacusis

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by stacey, Jul 10, 2017.

1. stacey
      Bookworm

stacey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/15/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey everyone, I know here on TT we all casually daydream from time to time.

About somehow something ending our tinnitus and/or hyperacusis, it's like this unrealistic fantasy we can't get out of our heads.

From all the shows/movies I've watched before tinnitus and hyperacusis, I remember them.

Like where an alien to fall in love and heal me (Roswell), an angel to save me (City of Angels) or a vampire to turn me so that I have supernatural hearing abilities minus the tinnitus and hyperacusis.

Haha :D these movies and shows I once loved now became my unrealistic fantasy.

This was just too silly and wanted to share.

Hope everyone is good.

• Like Like x 2
    2. Phendran
      Benevolent

Phendran Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have similar daydreams.
      Done a lot of roleplaying(Paper+pen as well as live action) in my days and still play every now and then. Having tinnitus cured by supernatural means has crossed my mind more than once.

3. Kolisar
      No Mood

Kolisar Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      birth?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I'm torn on the idea of my tinnitus ending. Having had it for my entire life, I am not sure how I would handle actual silence. I have never experienced it and I am afraid I may find it unsettling. It would be kind of ironic if, after all of these years wishing to end the constant ringing and wanting to experience silence, that were my tinnitus to end that I would probably require some sort of sound machine to be able to sleep in quiet room.

• Like Like x 1
    4. victoria9273
      Amused

victoria9273 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hyperacusis since 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Use of earbuds
      I daydream of switching on and off of our ears. Imagine, we can do anything and go anywhere and we can even caressly toss away dishes whenever we wash them. And we wouldn't have to suffer from extreme distress whenever we hear loud and terrifying noises, be with continual or just one blast. My nerves are breaking nearly every day.

And I DO hope that technology advances so that we all can regenerate our hearing cells. Music would be much cleaner and smooth to our ears.