Really Need Help Here. So Worried.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by JoshuaD2002, Apr 12, 2018.

1. lena_

lena_ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      as i underdtand it you are really young and your t is since march, you can recover and most likely you will recover!
      i do not think that the dog gave you a permanent damage, if she tends to bark then wear plugs when she is around
      try to relax, go for a walk, meet with friends, go swimming or do some sports etc... and if you get worried like that, then wear earplugs and have them with you when out and about so you have an option to use them...but most probably, the incidents you described can not give you a permanent damage, so try to put your mind away from those memories and do not monitor every sound, try to think about other stuff which happens in your life too.. do you have any clue why did you get t?
      try to relax, sleep good and regularly as your body heals while sleeping...and focus on your school work and other sruff as well..not only t ;) i wish your ears get better soon

• Like Like x 2
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My reactive tinnitus seems alot worse since the dog barking incident? This is a big shame.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi all,

My non reactive tinnitus has gone down a bit but the reactive tinnitus has remained...until something really annoying happened :/

So, you ever get when you close a door in your house with medium force, but because a window is open nearby, it closes with an almighty SLAM unexpectedly? Well it just happened and I'm a little nervous because I think I've causes a new tinnitus and that the existing tinnitus is going to worsen. Obviously because I was the one closing it, it was right next to me.

I'm a little worried about this one, do I need to be concerned about this, or is this another thing I just need to calm down about?

Thanks.

Update: so, I don't know whether it's the anxiety but I think the tinnitus is worse now, reactive and non reactive. The Slam was not painful, I should add. It was uncomfortable though. And my hearing isn't muffled from the sound I don't think. Still unsure. Permanent damage done here?

4. lena_

lena_ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      i'm happy that your t has gone down a bit! i hope you'll get better and better

i don't think that you caused permanent damage with this, just remember a situation like this and be careful next time;
      try not to worry so much, let the time heal your ears and focus on your school, activities ...

i see so many young people here ... all of you should let the time heal your ears .. go to ENTs if ear pain/allergies/etc, throw away (yes throw away) your headphones and above all, focus on your school, work hard for your future

5. TomL05

TomL05 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      25/01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure, head trauma or noise induced.
      Hey man, I’m not that much older than you as I’m 16 and first got tinnitus when I was 15.

I hang out with hectic mates who love being loud for no reason and unfortunately I’m exposed to it. One time someone had a really loud squeaky thing, like a whistle and blew it right next to my ear causing fullness but no rise in ringing, I choose to keep quiet about my condition so they don’t know so that one was my fault. I’m exposed to something loud at least once or twice a day, however I’m fine.

moral is everyone’s tinnitus is different. Certain frequency’s set mine off but loud noises seem to not effect it (I have no hearing loss, think head trauma caused it). Try not to worry about it and try to accept it, what happened to you is like being a car crash victim, unlikely but possible. I know it’s hard and took me a while as well but trust me it gets better. I sleep with no masking on and the more I focus on my mind drifting off the tinnitus decreases in sound. Enjoy life, far as I know it’s not noise induced :)