Really Need Help Here. So Worried.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by JoshuaD2002, Apr 12, 2018.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      No of course I'm not using headphones, and yes it's going to be below the tinnitus because it's so reactive. It's always going to be below it.

• Like Like x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm so scared right now. Ever since I shouted during a panic attack on Sunday whilst wearing an earpug, I'm experiencing extreme reactivity tinnitus. Will this settle? I pray it will. I really pray.

3. melamy

melamy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      After neck surgery.
      I am sorry about your tinnitus. I wanted to share with you something that really helped my 16 year old son’s anxiety. He is autistic and had extreme anxiety. Out of desperation I put on him some of the adrenaline cream I use. It is all natural. It calmed him. I did research and found that the red stretch marks on his body were actually a result of his stressed adrenals. After using the cream for about two weeks, he is like a different kid. His anxiety is GONE. He started the cream last August, and using it once a day, every day, even his red stretch marks are fading and going away. If this helps anyone, I will be grateful. I will pray for you.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Considering this tinnitus is extremely reactive, it's impossible to get it above the tinnitus to be honest. I'm feeling very scared because this extreme reactivity all started after shouting with an earplug in. And after using white noise (without headphones at relatively low volume), not only is the reactivity worse but this new tone just began my right ear (the reactivity seems to be on the left) .I'm scared. So... this white noise has done more harm? :( :mad:

5. john paul
      English

john paul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      its pretty crazy isn't it, at christmas when just had T about 2 weeks, i walk into Tesco supermarket and there is a brass band playing christmas stuff right in the door way. phhh

last week i walk to the shop. I think its 2 minutes up the road i dont need war plugs. Set off and remembered the road works, its late its ok not much going on its fine. Approaches a empty steem roller, just as i get to the steem roller guy jumps in a starts reversing it up the road at the same speed as im walking at with this mega siren going off because its going backwards. Jesus christ.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Need a decision. Doctor suggests rain noise, but since using it I've ended up with a new tone in right ear. A new ring. I'm about to go to bed. Do I use the rain noise despite new tone?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I can't decide the best option. Treat the hyperacusis despite new ringing from white noise? Or leave it?

8. john paul
      English

john paul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      i dont know tbh, if you can sleep without the noise then leave it off.

9. New Guy
      Doh

New Guy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      If you didn't have t and I didn't have t that would be funny. I had a C-17 Globemaster fly over me about 200 feet off the ground today. Yeah, like that happens all the time.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi. It's been nearly a week since the shout + earplug incident. I'm now very frightened. I'm sitting in my garden and its just hissing loudly - it's incredibly reactive. Seems to decrease in absolute silence. What do I do? Should I continue with quiet rain sound at night? Really need some reassurance or advice. Can and will this settle? Any special tips?

Furthermore... Seems mostly in left ear. This is the ear I had the plug in and the ear I had been overprotecting. @Jason37

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    11. Jason37

Jason37 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot
      It will settle... I was very irritated and tired this morning and was stressing about a lot of stuff including T....as soon as I went fishing after it about ad hour later it went back down to almost nothing....go do something for awhile and forget for a minute and see what happens.

• Informative Informative x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Sadly Jason, it's been non stop all week and it's impossible to forget. I'm going to continue using quiet white noise at night as I understand this is caused by hypercausis. Also... apparently hypercausis can be caused by noise trauma... (Me shouting with the earplug in!!!!!! :( :( what have I done?)

• Funny Funny x 1
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi. I'm saddened to learn that hypercausis can happen from noise trauma. Not sure if you've read, but since shouting with an earplug in last week, I've had incredibly severe reactive tinnitus. What have I done? What do I do? Please respond :(

• Hug Hug x 1
    14. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @JoshuaD2002 ,
      Stay calm and relax as time is the best healer and no magic wand.
      Sound therapy at night can help so play what you like but soft and quiet.
      Love glynis
      stop panicking

15. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      The only thing I can advice is to protect your ears to a reasonable extent and hope for the best recovery.
      :cry:

16. SugarMagnolia
      Jaded

SugarMagnolia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      @JoshuaD2002 ~ Keep yourself busy during the day so you're sleepy at night.

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Do you think the shouting did this

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Do you think the shouting did this

19. SugarMagnolia
      Jaded

SugarMagnolia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I don't use ear plugs, so I couldn't say. However, some people here who do use ear plugs think it's unlikely you harmed yourself by shouting.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I really believe you would benefit from reducing your anxiety. And I do know how difficult that is. I have had out-of-control anxiety. The techniques I mention are ones that I have used. They can't possibly harm you, so why not give them a try?

Look for things to do that don't require much concentration, but keep you physically busy. Tidy your room, sweep the floor, any quiet chore you can find. These are useful activities and they'll tire your body out which will make it easier to sleep at night.

20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Contrast

21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Well I may as well update you all on this. Not good. Well mostly not good.

Think I've seen a small improvement, but I'm unsure whether this is relevant because one of my siblings shut the car door close to my ear (seemed loud). Otherwise, it still reacts with just about every sound - even the very quietest.

22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Again I'm confused. This extreme reactivity began on the same day that I shouted whilst wearing an earplug. I'm presuming, but really hoping not, that damage was done. The reactivity seems to be with the left ear (the ear I have been overprotecting!)

Any thoughts?

23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @glynis
      Hi, I know my constant postings are becoming annoying, but sometimes, reassurance or help from here gets me through. Another loud noise incident has happened. A naughty kid at school threw their computer mouse at the table with a lot of force and I was very close. The person next to me, who was even closer, says they didn't even think it was that loud though. (Again only me that thinks the exposure is loud).

The reactivity has really spiked when I thought it was recovering, since this exposure. Should I continue with white noise or do I need to stop to let my ears recover? I have it on as I speak I'm assuming it's ok?

24. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @JoshuaD2002 ,
      It could be anxiety when you react to a sound.
      Not all sounds are problematic so please try relax and stay calm.
      Love glynis

25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I just woke up with high pitched ring in right ear - the ear exposed to the sound yesterday. Though there was also an incident where I was fiddling with my ear and my finger made that double joint click. But yes, new high pitched ring this morning on the right. I have been keeping white noise (rain) on at low-medium volume whenever in a quiet room (haven't been in a silent room for a while!). Could this be harmful to have it on ALL the time?

26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      So now ive got high pitched in the right and reactive in the left.

27. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I heard it straight after my finger joint clicked in my ear but then there is also yesterdays incident.....

28. February

February Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20 years?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      I'm a hairdresser in a busy salon. It gets loud as everyone shouts above hairdryers. I'm sure this has added to my T.
      Today my buzzing was causing me major anxiety but I can talk myself out of that and when I realized my blowdryer actually drowned out my buzz felt happy. I've found I have to out wit it, and that comes with practice. Mine is worse if I have sinus problems with it as it makes my ear louder more muffled hearing and swimmy head. All the best. The more you read here, the more you feel you can cope ... well, I have, hope you do too. You're far from alone :)
      Also, anxiety heightens everything that I have learned, but it is hard to turn your head off and if you can learn to control that, you're on the right track. Easier said than done, but one hundred percent doable!

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Slightly unable to describe my anger. This morning, with the new tinnitus onset, my brother, of 3 years, starts shouting in the car. So so annoyed. I'm so so hoping damage wasn't done I covered my ears but obviously i was exposed for a bit. He shouted many times unexpectedly.

30. Jason37

Jason37 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot
      Kids scream at me all the time....they seem really loud but I don't think they do damage.