Really need some help with tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by caffclifton, Jul 16, 2014.

1. citigirl13
      Happy

citigirl13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/1/14
      Also, here is something that should help you. Found this on another thread I keep reposting it because it really cheers me up.

"I have been speaking to many people and read stories of people who got rid of their ringing in the ears . I wanted to put everything together for you.First, I must mention that I was able to find less stories of recovery from tinnitus on the internet. That's when I thought it may be forever. But then, I came across people in real life. It was astonishing to know that so many people I know had gone through this, I didn't even know. How could this be? Then I thought, if we completely got rid of the noise overnight, a very few number of us would ever come back to the board tomorrow, because you want to forget. That's why, reading the stuff on the internet is going to be always more depressing because people come here when they feel bad and lonely. In real life, stories of recovery are more common and we need to remember that.

1-4 people I spoke to were in their early 50s. All told me that they woke up one day with ringing and it went away in one year.

2-Our neighbor had stress related tinnitus, after she lost her mother. Her doctor put her on prozac and ginko. she was almost back to normal, but 6 months into it she started having panic attacks and went back to square one.It took her over a year and she completely got rid of the noise.

3-A family friend took an overseas flight. When he landed his ears were ringing. He said he got really depressed and used a lot of anti depressants. He doesn't know whether it was the loud engine or the pressure change that caused it. His ears rang for 2 years and he fully recovered.

4-I know 3 people in the army whose ears rang over a year after they left the army.

5-I saw stories of at least 5 people on the internet whose ears rang for at least 6-7 months after a loud concert. In addition to that 2 friends of mine healed in 1- 1.5 years. I came across a story of a fellow forum member who healed in 2 years. In his post he also mentioned another friend of his who also had recovered in 2 years. All of them are noise induced tinnitus.

6-My friend's mom had stress related T after she lost her husband. She said her ears rang for 2 years and then she fully recovered.

7-I am not even writing stories of so many people who recovered in less than 6 months.

So, if you come to this board as a newbie, and if you are feeling depressed, afraid and if you feel you can't go on... Stop for a moment and take a deep breath. It will get better and you will heal. We just need to accept that we are going to go through a difficult time period for a while.
      Cheers"

• Like Like x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      You woke up and said, "I sill woke this morning feeling a bit anxious and wondering why this has happened to me,".... Perfect. You measured your response!! You didn't describe the sounds or volume of your T. Keep this pattern of action going and I think you'll be surprised!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      caffclifton
      Supportive

caffclifton Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/06/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Labyrinthitis (Inner ear infection)
      Hi @citigirl13 I have seen this post on here before. It's the only positive post I have seen on the internet and really does cheer me up.

At work today there where a lot of people taking at once and all I could focus on was the T. I could have burst into tears!

I have applied to trial the AM 101 trials that are going on in the UK and the have emailed me back asking what hospital I could get to. Maybe worth you looking into this as it's for people that have had T for 0/3 months and 3/12 months

Anything is worth a shot I suppose. Just hope I get a place and they trial the actual drug out on me not the placebo xx

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. Martin69
      Artistic

Martin69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      Hi IWLM,
      I really like your attitude and indeed the only way is to not react to it.
      Nevertheless, not reacting to a dentist drill in my head is tough.
      I work, I play video games, I do gardening, I plan for a trip to the Dutch coast on the weekend.
      But the dog whistle is always with me and I am wondering how someone can become unaware of this or ignoring it.
      Tough life, tough journey.
      I wish everyone the strength and determination going through this.

• Like Like x 3
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      caffclifton
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      02/06/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Does anyone else suffer from SSHL as well as tinnitus? If I'm in the car or with a group of people I get a high pitched squeaking doing when certain songs are on or if people laugh. Will this go in time or is it something a hearing aid can help with? When I put my finger in my ear the squeaking stops (tinnitus stays) and when I take my finger out it's back to being squeaky. Mainly in the car and with groups of people

6. nogood
      Procrastinating

nogood Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity/infection
      hi,
      Gingko does not help unless you have blood clots or circularly problems, basically its a blood thinner, which help blood flow smoother.

Avoiding coffee is healthy in general, caffeine is brain stimulant. Avoiding coffee also helps you sleep better.

well piracetam is nootropic, makes your brain smart, in sense it will help you adopt to your T faster. Obviously T and hearing loss will force you to adopt to a new lifestyle, piracetam will aid you in that process of adopting to your new lifestyle, at least in theory it works. For me it did help me with two month long brain fog and dizziness. you dont have to take it for long a month or two the effects are good.

yeap the sound test done by audiologist where they ask you to listen to beeb beeeeb sound ... :p
      Ask your audiologist for copy of audio-gram test results, you can post here. Many people here can help you read it.

My guess that your T is from high frequency hearing loss is that they are the once hard to mask. That is basically cause Normal day to day noise frequency does not really go about 8-10k rarely around 12k.
      You can also request your audiologist for tinnitus frequency matching [tinnatogram or something]

knowing more about your T will help you adopt to it, atleast that is what happened to me. I had anxiety issues, insomnia, panic attacks. Slowly started to do my research and did many test until i pinpointed that my t is caused by high frequency hearingloss, then slowly anxiety, panic attacks subsided within few days.

i think should ask admins to help me change my name.. :p
      my nick is spelled with nog(zero)(zero)d

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      caffclifton
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      02/06/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just had my filling done and the dentist didn't really seem to have an effect on my T, its still there and its still loud/intrusive :(

Doctor has suggested Blue Nightol to help me sleep?

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      caffclifton
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      02/06/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sorry @nogood I think because i was a beginner on TT i forgot the @ sign otherwise what would have helped me tag your name.

9. nogood
      Procrastinating

nogood Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity/infection
      you did tag me but the name i choose causes confusion... nogood and nogood does not make much difference, at first glance...one of my very old gamer tag i used..
      Anyways its not a problem..

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      caffclifton
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      02/06/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Im going to my doctor today to try and get some anti anxiety tablets. I thougt i could do this on my own but i just can't :(

Had a massive breakdown last night i was crying and crying for hours. I cant take this anymore. :(

• Hug Hug x 3
    11. citigirl13
      Happy

citigirl13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/1/14
      You're doing the right thing. I know some people - myself included - don't like taking drugs, but at the end of the day sometimes you need them. As long as your doctor is monitoring you, you should be fine.

I'm sorry you're feeling so rotten. It will get easier, I promise you. It's hard to believe, but it will be better soon.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1