Reasons Not to Check Out, Are There Any?

Discussion in 'Support' started by RandomAccess10, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Starthrower
      Wtf

Starthrower Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery

Don't give up. Don't let tinnitus in the brain keep you from hearing and believing. Don't reach that point of desperation that robs you of the ability to see the smallest speck of life in the darkness. There is a nano-second of time just before that "moment" the nano-second...don't let the tinnitus keep you from seeing that single moment before any decision is made....

I know this from first hand experience after losing a best friend with a similar situation. But he lost everything and ended up in a rat motel with little hope and increasing problems from diabetes. No health insurance. Nothing. No one. Now he is gone and I am left holding the guilt, shame and blame because I was with him on the phone when he pulled the trigger. His tinnitus was so loud he couldn't reason anymore. Not with me or the police/swat teams surrounding his room for seven hours.

You have SO much to offer. Don't lose that. Don't let go. Your life will influence many other people and without you..they will not have that chance.

Your situation will improve. Do not let go of hope.

Now I will probably disappear for a while. This is part of my life I never share.

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      You need to exhaust all options which I don't know if you have. Have you tried Trobalt, Keppra, stem-cell treatment etc., etc. These may not help everybody but enough members report positive result and should worth trying it if it means your life.

You need to give it time. All the folks who have gotten better say they take some time to get better. Check their stories, 6 months to 2 years or 3. I had same suicide ideation with severe T & H, but I said anything that would force me to X myself must prove it can bother me continuously 3 to 5 years before all options have been exhausted. Then I would attempt all sorts of dangerous adventures that I longed to try but dared not before, like Rose in Titanic, lol. I would rather God take me in one of the adventures doing things I like than submitting to the T bully cowardly. Well it didn't take me long to get better and I am glad I didn't X myself.If you care about your soul, you must ask yourself is that all you have done for saving yourself? Your T is only 2-3 months old. Most people will get better but it will take time. You are not the first nor the last musician who ever have T so why X yourself over it. Google musicians with tinnitus and you will see a long list, including Peter Townsend, Streisand, Phill Collins, Eric Clapton, etc. etc. Offing yourself would not solve anything in terms of suffering from those NDE videos on youtube who have attempted to X themselves but came back. Hang in there.

• Like Like x 1