Recent Tinnitus Possibly from Using Earphones or Stress

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by BarbaraH, Apr 25, 2020.

1. BarbaraH

BarbaraH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi, I just found this forum the other day from a link in the book “Rewiring Tinnitus”.

My tinnitus began recently, about a month ago as a high pitched tone that seems to be above my ears, if that makes sense. It doesn’t bother me much during the day. I know it’s there but like many is worse at night and makes it difficult to fall asleep. I think mine could be from one of two things 1) using earphones as I began a meditation practice a few weeks before the tinnitus began. It could also be from stress. 2) My son (grown and with two children) was diagnosed with colon cancer and his ascending colon was removed. The pathology reports had cancer cells in 3 of the 20 lymph glands they took during surgery. He begins chemotherapy early in May. The doctors are very positive about his recovery and use the term curable a lot. We live across the country from them and that makes it even more difficult. He never gets sick, just the common cold, so it came as a huge surprise to everyone. Then, our daughter and her wife got Coronavirus at the same time but didn’t tell us because they thought we had enough worry with our son until the pathology reports came back. They live in the UK. Thankfully, they are recovering.

Sorry for the long winded introduction. I’m looking forward to researching the site and learning from the other members.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your son's unexpected colon cancer and the stress/anxiety from this. Pray that he will be recovering well. It is possible that extended stress can cause anxiety. So try to stay calm and positive that things will get better. The best way to learn from members is to read up on their success stories in Knowledge Base. There you will learn about their initial struggle and their strategies to get better. You can also check out the treatment and research news to be informed of the latest info. Good luck. Take care. God bless.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      BarbaraH

BarbaraH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks so much Billie. I appreciate your help.

• Hug Hug x 1