Right Ear Only

Discussion in 'Dr. Stephen Nagler (MD)' started by Chris365, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Dr. Nagler is not answering questions.
    Dismiss Notice
    1. Chris365
      Paranoid

Chris365 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Hi Doc,

I have t. I started feeling my symptoms 2 weeks ago after a rock concert. My ears rang that night when I went to bed, pretty normal for after a live concert, but then the high pitch ringing never turned off. A few days later I was doing some tests on myself and realized it's only in the right ear. It's not pulsating, it's constant. It's a high eeeeeee pitch sound, rather than the low tone in both ears that I think everyone has at some point.

Before the t onset, I was experiencing auto-phony symptoms or vibrations from my voice and certain sounds in my right ear. I feel like I have a stuffiness in the right ear, as well. I'm always pinching my nose and blowing lightly to try and clear whatever it is. I hope to god it's wax build up, infection or high anxiety.

I have dealt with all sorts of high anxiety my whole life, unfortunately due to substance abuse (marijuana)

I can't help to fear the worst that I may be losing my hearing, I have a tumor or this is a first stage to M.S.

I cut out the marijuana and caffeine, started jogging and have been eating healthy. I have always been an avid exerciser. Snowboarding, basketball, tennis and jogging. Pretty healthy diet as well, take my vitamins and eat my greens daily. I have been smoking marijuana for the past 12 years everyday, so I really hope it's high anxiety and possible onset symptoms of PAWS. Post acute withdrawal symptom. The t started about 7 days after I cut down about 90% of my marijuana intake.

Im really scared I have went against what my body has been screaming at me for the past 6 years or so to stop smoking marijuana, but I continued to use it as a crutch, which brings me to this point in time where I never felt so terrible in my life with my denial about what health issues I could be developing.

I have my first ent appointment next Tuesday, and I really want an MRI and CT scan.

What are the chances I could have these worst case scenarios with the background info and symptoms I have shared with you? Could I have damaged some of my nerves with habitual marijuana abuse?

No headaches, no dizziness or vision issues, no physical pain.

I started taking my Zoloft the other day, hoping re balancing my serotonin level will kill the t. So far it's stayed the same. I know it's not my mind playing tricks on me because it's so darn loud when I lay down at night to go to bed. I've never had an issue like this. Of course I turn on the fan and put on my nature sounds and I'm fine, it's just devastatingly depressing and scary.

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you Doc -

Chris

2. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      Given the history you describe, I'd say pretty close to zero on MS and tumor. Your audiogram might show some degree of hearing loss, but you're not looking at going deaf or anything like that.

See the ENT, have an audiogram, and have whatever scan(s) the ENT recommends. But don't get sick over it. In fact, there's a reasonable likelihood that it will all fade away on its own within the next few weeks.

Doubt it.

All the best to you -

Dr. Stephen Nagler