Ringing ear that crashes me spiritually

Discussion in 'Support' started by Spoon, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Spoon
      Inspired

Spoon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      hi everybody w read this.

I had tinnitus since 2010 until now it's been nearly 5 years. I did go to ENT in singapore twice in 2012 and 2013 and did 2 times of audio testing, both and them told me to that it's incurable and just live with it! that's what i did, live with it!
      until recently that my tinnitus goes worse, i started to read online about tinnitus on mayoclinic, i read and found out there are many underlying causes of T, and there is a condition called acoustic neuroma(a kind tumor) inside your head. That's scary and bothers me so much. I know it may not be the cause of my T, but its something that possible.
      and today i can't ignore it anymore.

and i found out that on mayo clinic, if we have T, we may have fatigue, trouble concentrating, anxiety, memory problems and depression.

Is it true that T will cause fatigue? because i always feel mentally tired when i went out with friends, hanging out to new places, or shopping associates with T. I do have the symptoms for years as mentioned above.
      I feel so discouraged all the time because when i think of T, i felt my life is disabled.
      i don't know what should i do to get better to break away from this uncertainty. i felt sad.

what should i do?
      should i go to see an ENT doctor again? or maybe i should do some checkup for my body? or scanning?

your answer would be greatly appreaciated. I'm quite lost until now
      but I know i'm not alone

2. Ricky81
      Worried

Ricky81 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 14, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Assault/Contusion/Ear Infection
      Yes see a good ENT physician and if your T is due to concussion then ask to get MRI.
      Again work with your physician and get multiple opinions from different doctors.

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      Acoustic neuromas are (very) rare. Secondly, you have now lived five more years since onset; if it was an AN, you would almost certainly have significant additional symptoms by now (eg. hearing loss, dizziness, vertigo, etc.). Having an AN ususally does not go unnoticed.

Your worsening tinnitus is likely to be something much more common: as we age our hearing gets worse, and as a consequence, so does our tinnitus. This is by far the more likely reason.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with an MRI unless the ENT specifically thinks so. On the other hand, there is almost no harm in having one. Safe procedure. So do it if you really want to. Remember earplugs. And remember to use them correctly.

• Agree Agree x 3
    4. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Sorry your not doing so well. Out of curiosity did your T get worse then you started the research and found what you did on the mayo clinic, or did your t get worse then you started the research?

Is it true that T will cause fatigue?
      T does not directly cause fatigue. If your t affects you to the point where you cant sleep and you focus on it all the time then of course it could lead to fatigue. Getting enough sleep is a very important part of getting over T. I would talk to your doctor about meds for sleep. I used xanax for a long time, along with diphenhydramine and melatonin. Try the last two before you use something like xanax. If you are anxious or depressed it might be a good idea to talk to your doctor. I would look into some sort of treatment that might help you habituate if you dont see yourself getting better. You can get to a point where tinnitus has no affect or minimal affect on your life. Many people have. Also i would add that we have treatments that may lessen the noise relatively soon. goodluck

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Spoon
      Inspired

Spoon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      @Ricky81 hi ricky, i never had my head injured recently. only when i was 8, i hit my back head on something that caused me bled alot.. thankyou for your opinion..

@attheedgeofscience hi edgeofscience and i do have this kind of dizziness with blurred vision sometimes. What is exactly the cause of my tinnitus , until today, i still don't get it, do you think i should have a full body check up to find the underlying cause?

Okay i will consider having a MRI, thank you so much for your concern !

Hi @cullenbohannon , My T get worse that made me started to search again what may cause it, but it keeps remain a mystery for me until today.

T does not directly cause fatigue, that will be better. I dn't have trouble with falling asleep. What i thought is Does T affects our quality of sleep? because i always wake up unrefreshed even i do have 8hours of sleep.
      I do feel depressed. but i wont stand there doing nothing, sure i will talk to a doctor.
      thanks for your support and suggestions..

6. MichaelM
      Chatty

MichaelM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mild since ´90 ´s. severe ->2013 on
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere´s Disease/acoustic trauma?
      Is it true that T will cause fatigue?

It sure can @Spoon . I hope it doesn´t in your case, though. For me fatique is perhaps the main symptom causing quality of life to decrease. There are days when the noise is so overwhelming it psychologically disables me to the point of almost falling asleep dead tired.

Today happen to be one of those days. I coulnd´t literally stay awake after this couple of days of 24/7 T-bombardment i have been having. I got off work early, came back home , slept a few hours and just woke up to realize it is late in the evening.... yet another day gone wasted because of the ear problems.

• Hug Hug x 2
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Spoon
      Inspired

Spoon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      @MichaelM yes michael, fatigue can be very discouraging when comes with tinnitus all together to spoil our mood and hopes. I always tell myself to not let it win over me, i did overcome it before, but soon it attacks me again.
      i'm finding a way to understand my body and T more... to get any treatments that can possibly improve my life.

that's why i'm asking for suggestions here.
      i think we had the same problem, we've wasted so many days because of this chronic problem,
      i hope we'll overcome this problem together in the future.
      Let's do something to make our lives better michael.

8. MichaelM
      Chatty

MichaelM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mild since ´90 ´s. severe ->2013 on
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere´s Disease/acoustic trauma?
      @Spoon , I sure hope one day there will be a cure for tinnitus, Meniere´s..... well, for every disease and sickness. But i would not bet a one single euro or dollar for it when it comes to tinnitus.

This happens to be one of the hardest weeks this year. I actually went to see a doctor today: i thought i have an inflammation of the middle ear. I had pain and the biggest inner ear pressure ever with T going on like a foghorn. To be honest i felt a little scared what is going on. The Doc looked and said "everything is in order and looking good". At the same time i have a loud pulsatile tinnitus with all the other symptoms. This is funny, somehow. Looking good but feeling scattered.

One of the scariest thoughts is i start to think people actually think i am making this up, pretending.
      You describe "trouble concentrating, anxiety, memory problems and depression." My life exactly. Fatique might mean a little different things to everybody but when i use that word i like to say for me it is being so tired sometimes i honestly dont remember going to bed, in the middle of the day after a "good" 7-8 hours of sleep. I just crash and wake up later feeling not-so-tired. I find it a bit funny someone saying "tinnitus doesnt cause fatigue". as sometimes heard in different places. "how do you know my T", i might ask.

• Hug Hug x 2