Ringing Randomly Started

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kevin1153, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Kevin1153

Kevin1153 Member

Hello,

Out of the blue, this ringing started yesterday. It continued into today until I noticed a lot of earwax buildup. After I had that cleaned, the ringing stopped briefly but has now started again :(. I can't sleep and it's really frustrating. I've had headphones on three days ago listening to music at 45% if that helps. But I wanted to know if this will go away in a few days or so, I can't stand it.

Thank you,

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. George Brady
      Crappy

George Brady Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      bad meds
      Only time well till sound app on a phone laptop or iPad and try and stay calm I know that's hard to do but give it some time to settle down

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kevin1153

Kevin1153 Member

I had a sound app on over night and it helped me sleep better. I apologize for my eagerness in advance, but will it ever go away? I am pretty young and go to school, I'm worried I might have permanent damage to my ear even though I have very good hearing.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kevin1153

Kevin1153 Member

Also I do have a question. Does sound therapy many hours daily eventually remove Tinnitus completely?

5. Marcini
      Dreaming

Marcini Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2008
      @Kevin1153 Tinnitus will either disappear for no reason or continue. It is an unpredictable beast. Nothing you can do will really help you and sound therapy is certainly no cure. It can, however, be very useful as a distraction against the tinnitus if used properly to mask it. Unfortunately it's just a case of waiting a few weeks and re-evaluating the situation at a later date.

6. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      It's not "Out of the blue." Ditch those headphones now.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kevin1153

Kevin1153 Member

Still ringing, but for some reason the ringing stopped for my right ear, but continuing on my left.

• Like Like x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kevin1153

Kevin1153 Member

Okay so it's been 6 days and the ringing is still going on, two days ago the ringing stopped on my right ear and going on my left. Is this a good sign, or a bad sign?