Ringing Reduces When I Crack My Jaw + Lymph Nodes Behind Ears Have Been Swollen for 2 Years

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by John Smith, May 11, 2018.

1. John Smith
      Procrastinating

John Smith Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      Hey guys I just had a quick realization about my lymph nodes behind my ear.

I've had tinnitus in my left ear for 2 years (can hear only at night, quiet room or when I am super tired) and my right for 1 (rarely hear it) . Loudest in my left ear. In college I had strep throat and mono at the same time (doctor said it was the first time he's seen that combo in his is entire career), so as a result my tonsils and lymph nodes behind my ears enlarged and have not reduced in size ever since.

My main question is if the lymph nodes be CAUSING or affecting the ringing?

Second thing is that when I widely open and close my jaw I can hear a noise only in my left ear. It sounds like Velcro being split apart but very very light. Not very loud. Anyways if I crack my jaw the ringing in my left ear significantly reduces. My ringing has always been about a 5/10 but it goes down to a 2/10 for a couple of hours.

Thoughts?

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. If you jaw movement can affect tinnitus, then you should check up on possible TMJ issue.