Sad Again :(

Discussion in 'Support' started by derpytia, Nov 30, 2014.

1. derpytia
      Pooptoast

derpytia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014 (many increases since then)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Progressive hearing loss / noise / ETD
      I was doing fine and then I flew home for Thanksgiving. Woke up on Thanksgiving with a headache, just barely got through dinner with my mom, spent the rest of the time in bed. Went out shopping on Black Friday and my ears were going nuts and my sinuses were messing around on me and so I had anxiety and ended up crying in public in a pizza place. Been crying every night now. I was doing so well learning to live with my T and now I'm back to square one... AGAIN.

This is my fifth time back to square one in the 8 months I've had T. I'm just getting really tired of this and it just gets worse and worse each month and it looks more and more like I'm going to have to quit being a musician and I'm supposed to graduate at the end of this school year with a Bachelors in Music Industry Studies... All my hard work down the drain. I'm just tired of being so sad all the time. I don't know what's wrong with my eustachian tube and I just want the pressure in that ear to go away but the ENTs were no help and didn't even want to look into it and I just really want to be healthy again. That's all I want this Christmas is to be healthy and happy again. I don't remember how it feels to be either of those things anymore. I just want some help but no doctor is willing to do it and my psychologist can only do so much...

• Hug Hug x 6
    2. RicoS
      Alienated

RicoS Member Benefactor

Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress or Acoustic trauma
      Sorry to hear that ....but I can relate...although my T is waaaaay down now I had some dentalwork that went bad and dropped me in the same anxiety and depression when I just had T. The pain in always there just like T.
      I try to stay positive and so should you.... do not let this negative feeling take best of you. I wish you well and hang in there.

3. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      There are many musicians with tinnitus.

4. Jay M
      Thinking

Jay M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/14
      @RicoS
      Are you saying you had some previous dental work that went bad and then corrected recently and as a result your T is way down? If yes, what kind of dental work and T sounds where you experiencing, somatic, buzzing, etc...?

5. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      Hey- hang in there - you can still work in music if you want. You just have to look at more options. I've been just doing acuostic stuff recently. Its totally safe and so is the studio as long as you control the volume and take breaks.

6. RicoS
      Alienated

RicoS Member Benefactor

Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress or Acoustic trauma
      hahaaha no way... I had T for more than a year now. This happend 18 november 2 weeks ago and because I hate this more than my T I do not hear it at all or care about it anymore

7. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      If it were me and I had pressure and T too, I'd start working on the congested ear. Years ago, around '79, a doctor told me I was getting a condition like my dad's. This same doctor treated my dad too for the same condition. This doctor simply called it "Congestion." I was frantic. It felt like hell. I just wanted the stuffiness and pressure to go away. The doctor could see I was scared. He said, "Don't worry, it may take time but it will work." So for a few months, as he ordered, I would grab my ear lobe, pull my ear up and out and rotate forward and backward. I did this several times a day. One day, I remember it well, I'd given up hope, but continued doing the maneuver anyway, my wife went into a store, I stayed in the car. With nothing else to do, I started 'twirling' my ear. All of a sudden I couldn't hear at all! My ear was full of white icky junk. I don't know where it came from but there it was. I cleaned it up and the pressure was gone!!! It has not returned in all these years. I remember telling the doctor about it, and he said, "Yup, congestion."

• Winner Winner x 1
    8. Rube
      Fine

Rube Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      @derpytia
      Try getting an appointment with Dr Brian Weeks, he's supposed to be one of the best for Eustachian tube issues. He's located in San Diego.
      In the meantime engineerLA had some good luck with his Eustachian tube issues by nasal irrigation.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...us-new-protocols-and-supplements-to-try.6514/

• Like Like x 1
    9. Larry OT
      No Mood

Larry OT Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Volume, meds and motorcycles
      I want the same thing for you for Christmas, To be happy and healthy.
      It's on my list, underlined in bold ink.

Carry on and prevail.

Peace.

• Like Like x 2
    10. Hang in there and don't give up!

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. Fa82
      Balanced

Fa82 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      I can't say everything you need now but I'm going to try. You're tired and deeply unhappy cos of the T, and that's enough to wear anyone down. I just recently got T and am sorry you're here too.

When I read what you wrote it makes me anxious about how I might be doing six months from now, but I hope we'll both be in a slightly better place to survey how far we have all come. There IS a limit to what the medical helpers can do from my brief experience, and no doubt you've reached the same conclusion. Needless to say, I don't think we should let that worry us. They can't live in our shoes or see all the pain that comes with T and its symptoms. To many of them it's simply a curio that isn't important. Really?? We know how wrong that can be especially when we might have other ongoing medical conditions to wrestle every day. When that happens we have to go it alone even if it appears seemly impossible. Yet, It can only be done if there is enough solidarity on our side and fire in our heart - you know this already. So, I'm letting you know you already HAVE all my support while I, too, come to terms with this new mercurial monster.

• Like Like x 1