Two months ago (end of May 2015) I used something called WartStick (40% salicylic acid) to remove a wart on a ring finger. It worked well, got rid of the wart ... and the next day the ringing in my ears started. It has been loud and nonstop ever since. My GP (and the ENT the GP sent me to) don't think the wart stuff caused it, but I think the timing is just too coincidental. If it was the salicylic acid, when is it supposed to get better and the tinnitus would go away? It's been two months and I am getting worried that this might be permanent! The ENT did an audiogram and it shows a mild hearing loss in both ears at the high frequencies, which happens with age (I am 66).